or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

I imagine that any changes significant enough to trigger an ID confirmation, such as a major alteration to gait (broken leg, whatever),  wouldn't result in a recurring "nag" (having to enter your password every few minutes). That's historically more of a Microsoft technique... :P This appears to be a 'learning system', so once you confirm it's you (complete with that new gimpy gait), it'll adjust. At least, that's how I would expect it to behave, coming from Apple...  For...
 As far as I know, the oleophobic coating has nothing to do with scratch resistance, and is entirely meant for helping to reduce fingerprints (and to ease cleaning those prints and oil-based smudges off of the screen).
probably coincidence, but I found it interesting that the epicenter of the break seems to be right where they had applied heat from the lighter...
I scoured the Beats website and googled for information about the basic frequency response of Beats products (headphones, earbuds, speakers)... not. one. word. about it. A search of the Beats websites for "frequency response" yields "no results". Seriously nothing, aside from a few third-party DIY audiophiles on Google that made FR graphs comparing various headphones... and those are all over the map. Every mainstream tech, news, reporting and review outlet is...
 while mine involve huge sums of money and a rack full of Mac Pros..... meanwhile, I'm too 'paranoid' to easily allow some dev stealing my data.... :P
 This is how I think, especially where 'legalese' is involved.  TouchPal says: "TouchPal Keyboard does not collect any personal information or upload any such information to the server." What does "collect personal information" mean? What is the exact 'mechanic' that they are referring to?  Now, what that does NOT say is, "TouchPal (the company nor the Keyboard) does not collect anything that you type or upload any such information to the server." Really, that is NOT what...
 Thank you. Those are indeed a good start. Unfortunately, I also read those as I do certain product labels that put all the emphasis on what ingredients are NOT in the product, distracting from the few things that might be equally important, like the generic "natural flavor" and "spices" labels, those ingredient IDs that only serve to typically "anonymize" less palatable additions... They didn't completely answer all my questions. What's visible, when, by whom, and exactly...
 ah, and then too late I realized your "...it isn't going to happen"  wasn't about potentially invasive tech, it was about imagining a world full of only good people.... apologies for the mistaken interpretation! Ah well, but about that.... you could allow a person to dream unrealistically now and then... it may actually soothe the spirit somewhat... ;)
 Sure, those are all such sensible and benevolent sounding reasons, and if they are clearly spelled out by the developers that those are the ONLY reasons they collect the data, that those are the ONLY ways that collected data will be used, that ALL (your) personally typed data will be kept safe, secure, inaccessible by third parties, and only used for those anonymous non-invasive reasons, *guaranteed*.... then we're on the right track. I might consider it, but very much...
 So, prior to what Edward Snowden revealed, were you of a mind to also speak thus to the "conspiracy minded" folk pointing at US (and other) intelligence services as behaving like "big brother"? I was told by a large number of people that I was a "conspiracy theory nut" for saying I thought that agencies like the NSA were way over the line (remember the AT&T "data scooping" scandal at a facility in SF, revealed during the Bush years?)..... that was years before the Snowden...