or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

First, where has anyone "claimed malicious purpose" by 3rd party developers? That is so beside the point, seriously... Second, your reply is akin to saying, in response to giving "sneak and peek" powers to the FBI, "I have nothing to hide, so I have nothing to fear from that..."  What you're essentially saying is, "as long as none of my shopping accounts have been compromised, I could care less if Swiftkey employees can read everything I've ever written using their...
 No-one is saying Apple is the only trustworthy company out there. But they have set a pretty high bar.  A part of me is wondering whether you were being sarcastic or not? In particular due to that last sentence. "Android certainly hasn't suffered for them." I laughed, no guffawed, out loud at that one. I mean, really...? You mean Android, the least secure mobile platform on the planet? 97% of all of today's mobile malware lives on or emanates from Android devices. It's a...
I have lots of reasons to dislike the subscription model. This is reason #1, and frankly, this one doesn't even require that I come up with a reason #2... it is reason enough.   I am no longer a paying Adobe customer. I will never embrace the subscription model for high level software. Storage, Media, Services and Content? Sure. I have and will continue to subscribe to those things, which are a relevant context for that model (thinking along the lines of things like...
"Shipments............." Actual sell through? Margins? Profits? You know, the stuff that actually matter and make a "market"? "Shipments............" Oh yeah, right.... it's IDC...
Tim Cook mentioned it, and looking at numbers, I'd agree... Probably the biggest reason iPad sales appeared to "decrease" year on year was the late timing of the new Mini release last year. Had it not been late, the "typical" seasonal slump of last year's quarter would have meant the sales were flat or slightly better this year. The late release 'artificially' increased 2nd quarter sales last year. Without such a late release, this year's numbers wouldn't have had a big...
 Wow... so you have no "version controls" in place? That's only costing your business a ton of money and giving up control of your own budgeting process. And speaks to my point exactly. I ran an interactive agency in Tokyo for 7 years. I know about working with outside graphic designers, freelancers, contractors, agencies, etc. We never required the "latest and greatest" version (nor was it ever required of us) because that was almost a guarantee of a "least likely to...
 I don't know, but it seems to me pretty silly to criticize a thing's functionality when you've never actually experienced it. Since it has no viewfinder, perhaps it makes very functional sense to have the view screen tilted for more convenient/natural position shooting? I think it's good to have a screen that tilts. You can position the camera anywhere and still compose your shot, right? This design does break with the "traditional" SLR body format. Perhaps it does so...
Samsung -- who declared internal crises of "design" and "understanding", desperately trying to comprehend (and replicate) how Apple gets their customers to flock to their stores and line up in droves for new product releases -- NOW declares that they KNOW the value (or lack thereof) of certain feature groups contained in those same Apple products. Can't have it both ways Sammy... either you do NOT understand why Apple is so successful (and therefore cannot meaningfully...
But... But... I thought, "Corporations are people too, my friend..."!
I could see them adding another .5 to .75" to the iPhone screen size. If nothing else just to partially accommodate the phablet-loving masses in Asia. Beyond that, I still think they'd be more inclined to make an iPad "nano" with a 6" screen size instead of a massive "phone". That said, it's also possible an iPad Nano could have some kind of telephony built in. As it is, FaceTime Audio over "iPad cellular" is almost that already, right? So why not? Still an iPad, not an...