or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Beat me to it. It's funny when someone is "schooling" somebody else and gets it completely wrong like that.    "Nederland" is most correct (a lot of people call it "Holland" not realizing that's just a province within the Netherlands). The capital is indeed A'dam, but the 'seat of government' is in Den Haag (The Hague)… people sometimes confuse that as the capital since the government operates there mostly...   I spent a year there back in the early 90s. It was a pretty...
  Yes, their OTHER 'successful' product leveraged by copying two successful models (Nintendo and Sony) first, and then for awhile practically giving them away for free.   They finally got it (mostly) right. But they had to copy (or buy) all their ideas, like they did with Windows (copying Mac UX), Zune, etc….   And lest we forget, Xbox was a lost leader for years, they sank BILLIONS into it. And the sad part was, it was a relatively easy market to break into, if you just...
  Ballmer: "Try to use them as leverage… what have we got… OOH! I know! Let's make them PROMISE to use our search engine in exchange for free RTs!!"   "And that will benefit us… how?"   ...
Such a deal! We'll give you a tablet (that nobody wants) for FREE!! All you gotta do is use our search engine! Badda BING!! huh? huh? Helluva bargain? Can't beat it? *wink wink nudge nudge* I think in a month or two, we'll have another article following up with the headline, "Surface RT: Microsoft can't even give them away." Seriously, what is an 'educator' going to do with a slab that has no future, no software to speak of, and no real support%u2026?
  I've used an older stylus and was able to do "technical sketching" just fine. Use a vector graphics tool instead of a bitmap graphic sketch tool.   Works a treat...
  It's way more than that. And Apple is not known for "not making sense".   Here's just a couple of sense-points for you to latch onto (from a current user of the previous generation iMac):   - the new iMac reduces internal heat dramatically, which extends the life and overall performance of the machine. It is also noticeably quieter as a result.   - the new design eliminates the "dust ghosting" prevalent on the earlier version iMacs. You'd have to own one to really get...
  oh my. this was rich.   ok then!! go limping back to WINDOWS 8. Have fun there!   BWAAAA-hahahahahahaaa!     An anecdotal caution however: I have a colleague who is using Windows primarily. He curses and thrashes constantly over Microsoft's new OS.   After watching me comfortably and happily glide through my days on my Mac (and iPad), he has decided to buy a Macbook Air at the end of the month, and is tossing his miserable HP laptop out a window. You may have complaints...
hahaha forgot your /s at the end there….
  Very interesting. Not sure what the source of those are. Not really "leak" style though? They look more to me like a lot of (decently) rendered mockups. CG… the first one, the website is especially not very well done. Nothing there tells me any of it was pulled from credible sources. It's simply regurgitating an aggregate of rumors.   This batch also differs in two substantial ways:   1. The 5C is now coming in SIX colors? (That means from 36 to 54 models if it is also...
  Uh… yeah.   But Samsung doesn't remotely have 3X as many SMARTPHONE buyers as Apple. There are no such multiples in play. So therefore, the premise stands.