or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Although the basic premise of your point is valid, I don't think the MASSES of 'cheap tablets' that are skewing the numbers count as those that might be "cannibalizing" iPad sales. Not remotely.   The few that you allude to are just that. Few. People used to say the same thing about iPhone.    There are so few of "those who would've bought BMW if Kia didn't exist" that they don't really affect any of the numbers. The same is true of iPad "would-be" buyers. Most who buy...
Again, I think there has to be a clear differentiation here. It's OK to count an "overall share" of the "tablet" market, like we might for an "overall mobile phone market" (including ALL mobile phones, and not specifying the "smartphone segment" that Apple actually competes in). It's quite another to imply that Apple's iPads are competing head to head with the $49 "disposable craplets" for market share. That's like saying the iPhone is also competing with every $29...
  I think it's an excellent regime. The children get the standardized "prerequisite" stuff needed for a core education, but then are more focused on developing their OWN talents and interests. I've always believed this is the right approach. Our 'cookie cutter' approach to purely standardized education isn't getting us ahead.
  Beat me to it. It's funny when someone is "schooling" somebody else and gets it completely wrong like that.    "Nederland" is most correct (a lot of people call it "Holland" not realizing that's just a province within the Netherlands). The capital is indeed A'dam, but the 'seat of government' is in Den Haag (The Hague)… people sometimes confuse that as the capital since the government operates there mostly...   I spent a year there back in the early 90s. It was a pretty...
  Yes, their OTHER 'successful' product leveraged by copying two successful models (Nintendo and Sony) first, and then for awhile practically giving them away for free.   They finally got it (mostly) right. But they had to copy (or buy) all their ideas, like they did with Windows (copying Mac UX), Zune, etc….   And lest we forget, Xbox was a lost leader for years, they sank BILLIONS into it. And the sad part was, it was a relatively easy market to break into, if you just...
  Ballmer: "Try to use them as leverage… what have we got… OOH! I know! Let's make them PROMISE to use our search engine in exchange for free RTs!!"   "And that will benefit us… how?"   ...
Such a deal! We'll give you a tablet (that nobody wants) for FREE!! All you gotta do is use our search engine! Badda BING!! huh? huh? Helluva bargain? Can't beat it? *wink wink nudge nudge* I think in a month or two, we'll have another article following up with the headline, "Surface RT: Microsoft can't even give them away." Seriously, what is an 'educator' going to do with a slab that has no future, no software to speak of, and no real support%u2026?
  I've used an older stylus and was able to do "technical sketching" just fine. Use a vector graphics tool instead of a bitmap graphic sketch tool.   Works a treat...
  It's way more than that. And Apple is not known for "not making sense".   Here's just a couple of sense-points for you to latch onto (from a current user of the previous generation iMac):   - the new iMac reduces internal heat dramatically, which extends the life and overall performance of the machine. It is also noticeably quieter as a result.   - the new design eliminates the "dust ghosting" prevalent on the earlier version iMacs. You'd have to own one to really get...
  oh my. this was rich.   ok then!! go limping back to WINDOWS 8. Have fun there!   BWAAAA-hahahahahahaaa!     An anecdotal caution however: I have a colleague who is using Windows primarily. He curses and thrashes constantly over Microsoft's new OS.   After watching me comfortably and happily glide through my days on my Mac (and iPad), he has decided to buy a Macbook Air at the end of the month, and is tossing his miserable HP laptop out a window. You may have complaints...