or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Pie?
Nonsense!! The "5C" that they're referring to will do everything the current iPhone 5 can. By all reports the new 'low cost model' (replacing possibly both the 4 & 4S and the current 5) will contain "previous generation hardware" (aka today's iPhone 5 internals), packaged in a lower cost 'plastic' enclosure. Nothing else appears to have changed. The 5S will advance the generation with a more powerful CPU/GPU, better camera & features (slow motion, et al), better flash,...
"Cuts his price target", like there's something deeply troubling in the fundamentals... "From $710 to $595". A 20% cut in the "target price". *gasp* TO $595?? But. That's STILL $125 over the current stock price!! More than a 25% gain on value if correct. That's%u2026 a bad thing? This reminds me of when analysts overestimate Apple's sales expectations, then help to tank the stock when it falls short of their overblown estimates (even though actual sales still set...
The first iteration of the "Jobless Apple", the one with Sculley at the helm, was a very different company than the current "Jobless Apple". First of all, most of Apple's currently functional culture developed since Jobs' return in the late 90s. Having Ive at the design helm is another major difference. Apple is so not the same company as the one previous. Jobs and Apple both matured, grew, developed and more clearly defined what Apple is. It is no longer the Apple...
Wow. Nice article. Giggled at Dvorak, and howled with laughter at that Ballmer video in the middle%u2026 A precursor to the "but wait there's more!" infomercials of the future%u2026? The guy was a total clown then, and remains a slightly more sophisticated model today. Could you have imagined that high-pitched lunatic would one day be CEO of Microsoft? I think they got what they deserved. A fast-talking huckster at the helm. Apple (and the rest of us) were so lucky to...
  Nice. Hang on to that one! :D   The potential was (and still is) always there. I'm probably among those who feel he hasn't quite lived up to it though.   Some of the more draconian measures being revealed lately indicate he may be an even greater disappointment than most. I'm hoping he turns that around. Only time will tell. I'm remaining in a neutral 'holding pattern' about all of it for the time being.    Enough politics. How about those surveillance issues…?
Sure he did. It has been consistently shown that Jobs always enjoyed a good "thought experiment", and entertained them regularly. They are good for business.
Perhaps the impending iPhone "next gen" announcements are just around the corner?
  Perhaps I am. But I also know a few people who NEVER read books (note I said "most" of the people I know have a good book handy). The majority of Rowling's books sold here in the US, as I understand it. They broke the averages seen in general. I read that her books broke the 500M mark, but that's probably as speculative as estimating Samsung's actual handset sales.   I have traveled extensively and lived abroad half my adult life. I can say with some certainty that...
    Um you DO know the difference between "paraphrasing" and "reading between the lines", right?   Paraphrasing your words doesn't alter the validity of his response regarding third party NAS devices (which you so conveniently ignored). What about that, hm?     I'm starting to think that maybe you and "dasanman69" are one and the same person… might as well be. Seriously...