or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Probably so it doesn't end up looking like a diaper. Or an oversized plastic merkin. 
  They're not nekkid. They're wearing super tight disco pants.
Subscription-based software again? Now there's a trend I am never going to buy into, even if it means a return to those previous, luddite-like, computer-free-lifestyle days: my 1970's teens. I've already bought my last version of Creative Suite (Adobe). No "creative cloud subscription required" for me, thanks. Ever. (I'll try to make this one last, then I'll MAKE a damned alternative if I have to.) No subscription-only "Office 360" type suites for me either....
  I completely expect Apple to bring (almost full) feature parity to all three versions (OSX, iOS and iCloud) of iWork. I don't think they would have taken this step without a roadmap like that in place. It IS still in beta after all on the iCloud version. Squash bugs, add features, squash bugs, add features, rinse and repeat until it's done. That's where it's at today. I don't see Apple calling this a done deal yet, do you?   Is there parity lacking still between the OSX...
  *sigh*  guess I'll never be an RAU ( Real Android User™).    I'm so sad now.
  Might be time for some new friends. 
So Android is the new Windows, and, like Windows, a little malware never stopped people from using it, right? Wow, you'd think people would learn something by now...? After hundreds of thousands of viruses and other 'malicious software' out in the wild over on the Windows platform, and now bubbling up to parallel proportions on Android devices. I guess people just can't live without feeling like super-hero "malware crime-fighters" or something… do they thrive on the...
  You're kidding, right? His stock vested on a schedule. That schedule has nothing to do with product release timing. When the stock vests, you need to pay some taxes. How do you afford that? If you have a few million $ on hand, perhaps you just cover it. Otherwise, you have to sell some of those newly vested shares to cover the tax bill. It's a common pattern in corporate executive circles: Vest -> Sell a portion roughly equal to the potential (prepaid) tax liability ->...
It's this simple… when these shares vest, you are liable for the taxes on them. If you don't have the cash on hand to cover it, it's necessary to sell off at least a portion of them to cover those taxes. Cue may have taken a bit of liquidity off the top, but he's essentially 'prepaying' the tax on the whole chunk by selling what he needs to in order to cover it. By hanging on to the rest, he's also showing that he clearly believes that stock is going to be a lot more...
  I'm not at all convinced of this yet. Only one rumor (source: one analyst) suggested that only the 5S and 5C would be sold.   I still hold that it's equally likely that the 5S will be the new high-end, the current iPhone 5 will be the new 'mid-range' phone (replacing the 4S), and the 5C will fill the low-end (replacing today's iPhone 4).   I expect that the 5C will ALSO be positioned as the main 'entry-level' device in China and India. It is rumored to have the same...