or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Advertised to work, and it does. Not advertised to work as well. Maybe that's the distinction?
Apple either doesn't understand the fine art of 'bribery' in Asia, or simply doesn't play by those rules. Either way, there's a reason the wheels aren't as 'greasy' for them as everyone else's seem to be. Samsung is a master of the craft, that is clear. China is also working to help give their domestic companies a leg up. That said, I'm not sure about the reasons for this delay, if there is one, other than: Apple rolls out all their major releases incrementally. They...
What that doctor really needs now is a decent stand for that iPad. It's gotta be tough doing the entire surgery with one hand like that! :P
  I don't think you should think of Apple Care as pure "damage insurance". If they determine it has been 'abused', or the damage is beyond normal wear and tear they won't cover the repairs. Usually.   Although, I once had a MBP fly out of a briefcase that was unlatched. I had snatched the case up quickly by the handle, the lid flew open and the MBP arced end over end, hit the floor on a corner, and skidded across the room. It was mortifying, let me tell you.   It bent the...
I'm thinking "paid PR advertisement" with a headline? You guys not making enough revenue on your ad hits, you gotta do this mercenary crap too? If it has a headline, it should be pure journalism. If it is a paid ad or PR piece, it should be labeled as so. [ADVERTISEMENT] Like that. Otherwise, you are wasting our time, making money at our expense. And before you say "if it wasn't interesting, you didn't have to click it". Well, AI has had some credibility with me. If...
  Although the basic premise of your point is valid, I don't think the MASSES of 'cheap tablets' that are skewing the numbers count as those that might be "cannibalizing" iPad sales. Not remotely.   The few that you allude to are just that. Few. People used to say the same thing about iPhone.    There are so few of "those who would've bought BMW if Kia didn't exist" that they don't really affect any of the numbers. The same is true of iPad "would-be" buyers. Most who buy...
Again, I think there has to be a clear differentiation here. It's OK to count an "overall share" of the "tablet" market, like we might for an "overall mobile phone market" (including ALL mobile phones, and not specifying the "smartphone segment" that Apple actually competes in). It's quite another to imply that Apple's iPads are competing head to head with the $49 "disposable craplets" for market share. That's like saying the iPhone is also competing with every $29...
  I think it's an excellent regime. The children get the standardized "prerequisite" stuff needed for a core education, but then are more focused on developing their OWN talents and interests. I've always believed this is the right approach. Our 'cookie cutter' approach to purely standardized education isn't getting us ahead.
  Beat me to it. It's funny when someone is "schooling" somebody else and gets it completely wrong like that.    "Nederland" is most correct (a lot of people call it "Holland" not realizing that's just a province within the Netherlands). The capital is indeed A'dam, but the 'seat of government' is in Den Haag (The Hague)… people sometimes confuse that as the capital since the government operates there mostly...   I spent a year there back in the early 90s. It was a pretty...
  Yes, their OTHER 'successful' product leveraged by copying two successful models (Nintendo and Sony) first, and then for awhile practically giving them away for free.   They finally got it (mostly) right. But they had to copy (or buy) all their ideas, like they did with Windows (copying Mac UX), Zune, etc….   And lest we forget, Xbox was a lost leader for years, they sank BILLIONS into it. And the sad part was, it was a relatively easy market to break into, if you just...