or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Um you DO know the difference between "paraphrasing" and "reading between the lines", right?   Paraphrasing your words doesn't alter the validity of his response regarding third party NAS devices (which you so conveniently ignored). What about that, hm?     I'm starting to think that maybe you and "dasanman69" are one and the same person… might as well be. Seriously...
  And you conveniently skipped the part of my contribution that suggested (probably rightly, in my experience) that it isn't likely Apple's problems that need fixing, but rather likely something introduced by 3rd party software, incompatibilities between certain software and settings, a general "cleaning" needed (caches, DRAM resets perhaps), basic maintenance and a few checks of installed software, drivers, etc. More than once I've had system "irregularities" cleared up...
  It really does feel like the publishing industry was "conferencing" to try and find alternate models to the "Amazon Lowball Conundrum", and who could blame them?   I see no crime in gathering together and forging a new approach to sales amidst the arrival of the new digital media paradigm. Unlike the Music industry and the News/Magazine industries who waited too long, the book publishers saw the writing on the wall and were clearly looking for ways to make ebooks...
  That and our laws regarding these new paradigms. Unfortunately, we're more dependent on Congress than judges to initiate those and.. holy crap, you do see what we're dependent on, right? If you think judges are behind the curve. I present to you the likes of… John McCain and the rest of Congress!   People scoff at Al Gore's role in the Senate with regard to the Internet, but at least he had a clue and some vision. We desperately need more people like that involved in...
  My sentiments exactly…   I just wanted to say, you are becoming one of my "go to" posters here. I wanted to thank you for your consistently level headed, clear and knowledgeable posts. It's great to have your insights to chew on. I learn a great deal (or have a great deal reinforced) by them. So thank you!   Carry on! :thumbsup:
"No! I won't delay or suspend the decision on my own ruling…" Wha…? Does it not strike anyone as kind of ridiculous that the same judge who issued the ruling also gets to decide whether or not it should be suspended? Of course she won't suspend it. She agrees with the ruling full stop. Apple is appealing. Isn't it rather standard to delay a ruling until appeals are settled? What's the point of continuing if it is possible to be overturned later? Wasteful use of taxpayer...
I'm favoring Apple in these cases (no surprise, wot?), but based on all the semantics of the back and forth highlighted in the article, it clearly isn't Apple doing the talking. It's all lawyer speak. It's being represented in this article as Apple and Samsung talking (via their lawyers), e.g. "Apple argued that blah blah", but really it's the other way round. It's the lawyers talking, representing Apple and Samsung's interests in a legal context… and man, that is so...
  You clearly don't understand doing business at this level, or apparently even the concept of entering into "mutually beneficial, good faith" agreements...   Apparently, in your world, every agreement in the business realm involves a hostile, confrontational approach and attitude, yes? One side dictating all the terms, contracts mainly involving "Take it or Leave it", one-sided Demands, and (heaven?) Forbid this and Forbid that, and the Threat of the Headshot. Wow....
  1. You're wrong. Most people I know always have "a good book they're enjoying" on hand. I read about 4 books a month on average (3 of those are now digital, typically). The sales levels of books in general (print or digital) remains extremely strong. J.K. Rowling didn't become a billionaire because "no one reads books anymore".    2. I "value" my ebooks almost as much as my print editions. I will agree that there is something more inherently "tangible" with the tactile...
  Maybe they're just following China's lead…? Push a little and maybe they'll capitulate on that "tax thing"…?   Either way it's a bad precedent. Apple is among the best and brightest American company to ever come along. They practice ethics above and beyond most companies, and not just for good PR. It's ingrained in their culture. They are far from perfect, and occasionally need to be shown if they drift from that core, but they are responsive, and mostly...