or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

1. You're wrong. Most people I know always have "a good book they're enjoying" on hand. I read about 4 books a month on average (3 of those are now digital, typically). The sales levels of books in general (print or digital) remains extremely strong. J.K. Rowling didn't become a billionaire because "no one reads books anymore".    2. I "value" my ebooks almost as much as my print editions. I will agree that there is something more inherently "tangible" with the tactile...
  Maybe they're just following China's lead…? Push a little and maybe they'll capitulate on that "tax thing"…?   Either way it's a bad precedent. Apple is among the best and brightest American company to ever come along. They practice ethics above and beyond most companies, and not just for good PR. It's ingrained in their culture. They are far from perfect, and occasionally need to be shown if they drift from that core, but they are responsive, and mostly...
    Yep, I'm with you. I'm off to join the "I can't handle the truth" club that is rocking his fantasy world… Hope there are beaches and babes there, cos I'm ready for some R&R!
  No. That article does NOT "explain how this [MFN] policy equates with colluding to raise prices."   It does point out how overall prices at the consumer end rose by 18% or so. Correct. But when you back up and look twice, you'll see that it's relative to Amazon's loss leader pricing, and not due to a baseline increase in wholesale pricing.    So instead, it can be fairly stated that the Agency model introduced by Apple restored fair pricing AND competition to the ebook...
  Unless… ready for it?   Unless it isn't a demand…     Most agreements I enter into don't remotely enter the realm of "demands" at all.    Why do you not get this?     Ah, I see, you're not a baker… you're also not a Scholar, and therefore…?   Oh never mind.

Yep, I've searched in detail... I find George Wallace by name, even Stephen Colbert (!), but no sign of FOX "News" (although some of their other branches in entertainment were involved in awarded shows), "O'Reilly" ("William" or "Bill") and nothing related to Chris Wallace other than George.   So Chris Wallace, Bill O'Reilly, Fox News… none of those make an appearance in the Peabody Winners List so far as I can tell. Who's lying do you think?   Check for yourself if you...
  The Blue Screen of Death… in the bedroom?
  Touche… 
  Actually… there were some Japanese phones (not from Knock-ia) doing something like this in Tokyo in 2002 or 2003 (or possibly earlier) as I recall. A few handsets supported it on (I think) two competing carriers. The one that got the most attention at first was on DoCoMo, but they quickly realized what a bandwidth hog it was, and cut the service down to size. It went from full (albeit quite jittery) "video phone" to short vid-clips and something they called a "live...