or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Hold up there. "digital wallets" maybe, but NOT "digital passbooks" unless you can demonstrate that. More like hijacking Apple's name of choice to prove your point?   That's the equivalent of saying "touchpad tablets have been around for years, iPad isn't unique". And again, if it's all been done before, why no real market until the iPad?    An "old idea" perhaps, but clearly since there has been no wide adoption of any single system, no-one has applied it right...
  oh my GOD enough with this bull*** narrative!!!   No-one is saying or even remotely implying that the CONCEPT of "mobile payments" are an original Apple idea enshrined for the first time ever in Passbook. NO. ONE.   We ARE saying that the method and application as APPLIED BY APPLE in its own unique way (and you cannot deny its approach on both the front and backends are in many ways novel) has been COPIED pretty much whole cloth.   But more to the point, and most...
  oh! um… I need that… to use as a blunt instrument on unsuspecting S4 users…! or a cricket bat.   yeahh, that's it... I forgot to mention that part...   that's the ticket...
  Thank you. Simple answer to a simple question.   OK so there are two keyboard options. One is a "hard shell" with 'real keys' (the type cover), the other is a plastic sheet with 'touchkeys' (the touch cover), both double as a cover or a 'protective screen'.   So you can carry the keyboard with you, attached magnetically to the Surface, and folded up as a screen cover.   $130 and $120 respectively? That's a bit steep. I paid about half for my combo keyboard/cover… it...
  OK let's summarize.    The world according to Nelson X: Apple is… "Stupid. Greedy. Has no vision. No balls. No courage. Cowardly."    And all that because they haven't built your idea of the "ultimate handset"? You think a 5" iPhone is ideal?   31 million handsets that sold last quarter alone say otherwise. Based on every survey I've been able to find, the large-screen handset and "phablet" phenomena is more about media and PR hype than actual sales. Based on usage...
  I need that!!
  Well, yeah? I get that. Did I ask, "What is this add-on keyboard thing, is it required or just an accessory?" Nope… I understand that it's optional.   My question was mainly about where you keep the 'snap-on' keyboard when it's not snapped on. Does it require that you carry it "separately" if you want to have it with you? Or does it "fold up" and integrate like a screen cover, or behind the Surface, when not in use and being carried, or…? If it doesn't remain attached...
  Just about right, I'd say. No smaller though please. You're right about that.   It looks like the top and bottom bezels are narrower than my older iPad too.   I wonder how much weight they are shaving off by reducing the overall dimensions? I'm sure they've left enough room in there to keep the battery big enough for 10 hours. I would be very surprised if they didn't. If they can get the weight a lot closer to one pound, that'll be a killer device... 
  From this page: http://peabodyawards.com/mission/   The Award is determined by one criterion – “Excellence.”     And you say Bill O'Reilly actually won a Peabody award?   Mr. Peabody was probably rolling over in his grave the day that happened. 
  I think he's more of an onion.com styled provocateur than a troll type provocateur, although he does occasionally lean more towards one than the other.   Either way, a provocateur nonetheless. He does provide regular entertainment value though, you must admit...