or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

I think this particular group speaks "Google Chinglish". It's kind of like 1970's Consumer Electronics User Manual "Japlish", only automated by computerized algorithms. I find its strange poetic qualities to be oddly similar to when William Shatner did his "beat poetry" treatments of Sarah Palin's tweets.   I liked these passages the best:       (double finger snaps!)  "… which depletes a mess of force, client neighborly likewise…" (double finger snaps!)   It's ART, I...
thank you!
  When was the last time you did any maintenance, like, a "Repair Permissions"?   OS X, although  extremely low maintenance, is not maintenance free. It does take some "cleaning" now and then. You can get away with just repairing permissions every other month or so (or whenever your system seems to be acting strangely). That typically solves 98% of all woes in my experience.   Deeper 'cleaning' of caches, and other routine maintenance things are more easily handled using...
  Thanks for the tip! I will do just that. Maybe it's time to do more "private browsing" than I have been. It's nice to know when I'm NOT being "followed around" all the time...
"Textbook rental"? Wow. How mercenary can you get. I'm looking forward to when our local library completes its plans for offering e-books on loan. Not so different from this "rental" system, I'm guessing, except you won't have to pay out the nose for it.
  No, no… we all believe they've decided to just rest on their collective laurels, put out nothing new, milk the updates for all they're worth and once that runs its course, sell Apple off to the highest bidder.   Anything but innovate! My GOD that's just such a waste of perfectly good time and money! Who would do such a thing? Certainly not APPLE of all companies.   No, we think Apple has completely put on the Innovation Brakes, shuttered the Innovation Labs, shut down...
  Sadly, this is probably Fox "journalism" at its best...   Wait. "Fox" and "journalism"… Those words don't even belong together!
  With Fox "news" leading the way.
  They spend plenty on R&D. They just released an "All Day Battery" MacBook Air, without changing the form factor or weight. Partly due to improved efficiency CPUs (Haswell) but not only that. Battery tech itself played a part.   Apple has advanced their battery tech significantly over the past few years. Why do you think iPads run for 10+ hours while most of the competition is lucky to actually get their claimed 7 or 8 hours (if that?).    You're preaching to the choir...
Right, because Fox "news" is such a credible source of anything other than right-wing hot air and double-speak%u2026 psh! And, in typical fashion every word there is 'hearsay'. Leaning on Cook to "innovate faster"? Wow, the ignorance on display there is stunning. "Innovation" doesn't appear on a schedule. R&D either has breakthroughs, or it doesn't. You can't conjure the stuff out of thin air. You just keep on researching and developing, and if something good happens,...