or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Yay. The Netbook reborn! You say your only beef is the battery life?? I'd have some issues with that screen too. I can see just how grainy it is from this photo alone. Just by looking at it, I'm guessing it's too heavy, too fragile, and too cheaply made (inside and out) to even be worth the $120. What on earth would you use it for? Why on earth would anyone remotely consider this as an alternative to… anything?   It's fine to say "just web and email, basic document...
I've been wondering about something...   Where do you put the Surface keyboard when you're not using it? I mean, you have to carry it with you, right? Where does it live when it's not 'clicked' to your Surface?   This kind of implies that a Surface requires a bag to carry along with all its bits and pieces? How easy is it to damage that keyboard by bending it?     I have to say, one of the things I have loved about my iPad is: No. Laptop. Bag. to lug...
  Yeah, Longhorn was the bait-and-switch enticement to embrace Vista. It implied that even if we don't get all the Longhorn features into the initial release of Vista, they will eventually come.   A bit more was added to W7 but still, two OS iterations on, and even W8 doesn't have all the features promised with Longhorn.   I've seen how Windows runs on these low-end "tablets". It isn't good. I got something akin to a 'blue screen' the first time I demo'd one. I instantly...
  You're very welcome!   The Retina MBP is definitely positioned in the "elite" range.. price and feature-wise. It certainly is pricey. I think that people measure if they really need that higher res display, and if they don't they opt for a perfectly good "standard" MBP. I'm guessing the rMBP doesn't sell nearly as well as the rest of their laptops due to price.   The Air is a great device all around. I've kept an eye on that line for some time, but never felt compelled...
  I read posts like this and truly marvel. You claim to have a family who all "left Apple" while you held on loyally, "waiting for Apple to deliver what you want and need (but haven't yet)…" You put it into the context of Apple being "Expensive" - presumably relative to the rest of the market, but since feature for feature, Apple isn't any more expensive spec for spec - then perhaps what you're really saying is you wished Apple produced cheaper 'junk' machines that were...
Of course, releasing Halo exclusively on Windows tablets means MS is only competing with… themselves!? (X-Box?)   This ad must be only for the very low hanging fruit amongst die-hard Windows users. That Acer "phablet" is a brick. It's almost twice as thick (almost half an inch thick, compared to just over 1/4" for the Mini), weighs OVER a pound (500 grams, or 1.1 pounds compared to 300 grams/.68 lbs. for the Mini), has less battery life (8 vs 10+), no better screen...
  Not so surprising really. If for no other reason than this (pent-up demand aside):   - When buying an unlocked iPhone from Apple, you're given two options; SIM-Free, or a complimentary T-Mobile SIM.     From a sales perspective, that's the functional equivalent of having a "Featured App" or "Editor's Choice" on the iTunes App Store.   I'm opting for that myself when I replace my 3GS. Their service coverage isn't quite as comprehensive in my area as Verizon or AT&T but...
  We keep him around for the entertainment value.    And by jove, in this case I have to agree with him. Apple. Is. Dooooomed. I tell ya!           . ps. usually, when someone writes 'Apple is dooomed' (note all the extra o's) it's typically the functional equivalent of satire right there. Usually a sign of not being altogether serious, and removing the requirement for the /s disclaimer. I think. Maybe. Ya think?
  The part TS was referring to was the well-trumpted massive slowdown across the board in the PC market? You know, the one affecting everyone?   It still outsells most of its competition. It's a very well-received model, and super popular. Even so, that can't completely overcome broad economic trends and global, market-wide slowdowns. Please.   You making it an issue of being somehow 'disliked' is completely off the mark.
  Nuh-uh!    There. I said it. Someone had to.