or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Selective blindness, maybe? Or just sour grapes.   Where it presents iOS7 device compatibility, with images, a LARGE block of text IMMEDIATELY below that gives a nice clear list. It isn't hidden away, relegated to a link or popup, or "easy to miss" at all. If you had followed my link before, you would have seen it as easily as everyone else does. No-one I know has "missed" that big block of text. No one.   Really, give it a rest, dude. Come into the light. It just works...
  Wait… you're running (likely non-updated) apps on a BETA, and complaining that it has bugs? Do you not understand what it means to run BETA software? Apple says, only run the iOS 7 beta on a device dedicated exclusively to that testing. Meaning, use it to test the device operation, the built-in apps functions, and YOUR OWN apps being updated for the new OS… right?   Why would you, seemingly here speaking in "end user/consumer mode", be considering "switching away"? Are...
  YES IT DOES. It gives the WHOLE story (more on that below).     OK, so … Airdop and SOME Photo filter features. That's it? (Your source is wrong. "Square" photos on the iPad 3 certainly are supported. Whatever.)   All the other features listed as "missing" other than those two are from iOS 6 or earlier. So those aren't exactly news - and not new to iOS 7, as you seem to be trying to promote. It's YOU that isn't giving the whole story. You are working overtime to advance...
  I agree with a great deal of this. My MBP was the first thing to feel redundant after getting my iPad. My iMac, not so much. I still need a small laptop for work, so a 13" MBA is coming soon. Eventually Pads (I really think the iPad defined a new category separate from what everyone called a "tablet") will evolve to the point where they "converge" with laptops and essentially eliminate them.   I'm also sure there will be a brief "multitouch desktop" boom, but I think it...
  I'm doing something similar. Have decided that an iPad Mini + iPhone 5 + 13" MBA is the perfect toolkit. Those three devices together will satisfy 100% of my mobile and biz needs. I can shoot and edit photos & video, manage listings, edit/print all the standard forms, etc. (MLS and ZipForms on an iPad Mini? Really?) And you can do all that pretty much anywhere. Clients love it when you can pull up extra info while showing (even alternate properties) on the fly.  I...
I think they are prepping for some sweeping changes, and managing inventory as close to the brink as humanly possible. When the hammer drops, they will have little to no leftover stock to deal with on any product lines. I think they're erring on the side of "too little" than "too much". How many clues and hints do they have to drop? Between Tim Cook and Peter Oppenheimer alone, I've heard a half dozen mentions of major and sweeping across-the-board product releases...
  Which implies he was also somehow relevant in the 60's… I'm not convinced.
  Oh, so NOW you say "A 'redesign'…"  A far cry from your previous post saying "a complete rewrite", no? Dude, you're all over the map with these posts.   Yes, SOME devs could… Operative word there being *could*. That *could* happen anytime and for any reason.      Why are you spreading FUD here and saying all these things as if they are givens?   I've been on iOS since version 1. Some of my apps have released new versions that required a new purchase (or upgrade fee),...
  "crippled"… "stripped of features"...   um, excuse me, a little Hyperbole Dressing along with that Misinformation Salad you're serving up with your last few posts?   My iPad gen 01 doesn't have cameras, so it doesn't take advantage of any of the nifty iOS5 camera-related features. Is that equal to a version of iOS that is "crippled and stripped of features"? Nope. iOS7 is no different. If the DEVICE doesn't support something, it won't function, NOT the other way around...
  More like, "So much for facts and opinions based on reality…"   Again, do you Misinformation much? Is it a mistake, or are you LYING ON PURPOSE?   I direct you to scroll near the bottom of THIS page at APPLE.com:    http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/features/ What does that say about compatibility? M-hmmmmm?