or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

About the time you stormed into the china shop wearing that bull outfit, maybe?   I'm probably not alone in thinking you probably work with or for Samsung, based on a good number of your posts. You sure know how to troll a thread pretty well too.   Huh, yeah… that's all really.
  Classic... 
  Wrist Foosball™ anyone? I'm thinking sky is the limit here on the creative possibilities.
I still don't understand how Apple can be accused of "price fixing" when they don't even set prices to begin with... the publishers set the prices in that agency model. And I also don't understand how this helps anyone except Amazon who was artificially steering prices lower to prevent fair competition. I hope the DOJ gets a scolding from the President like the ITC recently did. It is certainly deserved.
It's also psychologically telling to me that each of these "bashing" ads always put the iPad first. Are they TRYING to create "underdog status" for the Surface?   If it's my product, I put my product first. e.g. "Surface RT vs iPad".   If you say "iPad vs Surface RT" in a Surface ad, you're just giving the iPad another leg up that it already has.    Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.
  That was a poor supposition supported by a false narrative.   And it isn't 13 vs 30, it's 13 vs 16, for a quarter. Come back at the end of January, when we're comparing the next (typically robust) quarter for Apple. I'm betting the numbers will be flipped somewhat… rather like last year and the year before that, and so on.   Apple is ONE company. No single company's product line can be expected to sustain dominant share in a market growing this fast. Especially, not...
The massively important keyword here is Shipped. SHIPPED. Not sold. First, the reason Apple is so far ahead in profits is because their 31 million phones in the chart represent mostly SOLD numbers, while the 187 million Android "smartphones" (some low-end Android handsets barely break out of the 'feature phone' category but remain named as 'smartphones') are still sitting on shelves in very large numbers, or ship at price points bringing little to no profit. Cheap 'throw...
They don't always say "we are having technical difficulties". They usually say simply that some users are "unable to" access or fully use certain services. It could just as well be planned downtime, upgrading servers, maintenance, who knows. If they said "We are doing maintenance, be back soon" it might be better, but then those few users might feel singled out. Hard to say what's up. They've been adding a huge amount of capacity in multiple locations. I expected there...
"One app at a time"...? Poor Microsoft. Still can't figure out how to turn on the "Multitasking Gestures" feature...
There is definitely an issue developing around that. It's called "too much of a good thing". You should read a little on the environmental impact that "too much livestock" is having on our environment. We crossed the threshold quite awhile ago. The effects are measurable now. The numbers and the effects are not pretty.   Most people I know who've educated themselves on the topic now advocate for a significant reduction in livestock. And a shift to "grass feeding" beef,...