or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

I saw a BMW logo glued onto a Lada once, and I wasn't offended, so I dunno!  And these days, I'm not seeing much difference between Ford and Benz quality. The Chrysler merger, and subsequent loss of half the Mercedes engineers (a big chunk of those going to Audi) sure put a dent in Mercedes Benz quality... That said, I'd rather drive an Audi than a Ford.....! And I prefer my iPhone to the Note 3 for sure. The Note 3's 50% greater weight alone convinced me I'm not...
hahahaha nice one, thanks for the laugh. [edit]  ok I'll be more specific with my reply.  Most of the tests I've seen don't indicate the Note 3 is any better than the iPhone at taking photos. Quite the contrary mostly (especially in lower light conditions). And 4k video? Really? 2 mins of 4k video is about 1GB in size. And there's no benefit to shooting in 4k at all if you have no 4k display to show it on. Not to mention the endless time spent waiting to transfer all those...
 yeah can't use the national symbol, but oh hey, the big Nike Swoosh over the breast is JUST fine! What a transparent, mercenary, money-grubbing outfit the IOC has become, eh.....?
 Using a device with a visible logo on it is NOT the same as "mentioning" a non-sponsor. Think about it. If that rule is applied to justify this "hide the Apple logo" nonsense, then it must be applied to any and all visible logos of non-sponsor brands. Every. Single. One.   And not just for "devices". Clothing, shoes, hats, computers, phones, bags, wallets, purses, sunglasses, keys, personal hygiene products (put tape over the logo on that hairbrush!!! They're not a...
I tried the UK voice once. It was male only, and not very natural sounding. If they improve it, I'll use that one, and then I'll get to pretend I have my very own Jeeves...! :D
Huh, and what happens if the athletes simply ignore the logo-covering "requirement"? Oh, have to give back the "free" Note 3 maybe? Aw...    Trying to imagine a) what a pita it would be to insure that my everyday recording device has its logo covered while competing in and/or running around the OLYMPICS and b) how "uncool" it will undoubtedly look running around with a piece of tape covering the back of my swank iPhone, and c) What do I need with a Note 3 when I have my...
I picked up the product(red) leather case for the silver/white 5s, and it's pretty sharp. Also feels real nice. It probably won't stay new-looking for very long though. I already see the clear effect of use on it a couple of months in. mostly subtle discoloration around the edges. It doesn't look bad, just that "used/worn leather" look just starting to settle in. It might actually look pretty cool once it's fully broken in... we'll see! As for the feel of it, that's...
 and you signed up to an APPLE rumors & news site just to say that?
The first Mac I owned personally was a G4 PowerMac Tower (the one before the "Titanium" tower). Late 1990's or so. Still running Mac OS 9 at the time, but OS X appeared soon after, within a year or two later... that was it for me. I was FORCED to leave behind all my Windows 3.11 machines... along with all the late nights, hair-pulling, 6-times-a-year reinstalls and nightmare "registry" management issues....   The last Windows OS I used was Win 2k (a sibling of NT which...
 In your last there, what you're describing is essentially a "Ponzi Scheme", and I assure you, Social Security isn't that. It's a "pooled fund", which has funds enough in it for the next couple of decades (not accounting for additions), and we adjust the intake over time to insure its long-term viability.  There's nothing dangerous about doing a thing out of necessity. Unless you do it mindlessly, which we are not. What's mindless is the whole-cloth slashing of safety-net...