or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

The simple psychological impact of raising the base price for a track from .99 cents to $1.29 and higher (and full albums from $9.99 to $12 or higher) is a direct contributor to the slow down. That psychological difference affected me for sure. I went from buying a few albums and a few dozen songs a month (at prices I felt were both fair and a good value), to maybe an album and a few songs every few months... I know a lot of people who slowed purchasing after the...
 I think it could be as simple as forcing the troll to pay the defense costs / legal expenses if their suit is shown to be without merit. They brought the suit, they should bear the brunt of the costs. Simple. I suggest this in part because on the other hand, if they win a case, the legal cost of their bringing suit is usually reimbursed by the defendant, and factored into the settlement. Why is the opposite not true? Why should the defendant bear any cost if they are...
Hooray! More "race to the bottom" policies. Still don't see how it's possible for manufacturers to make any money at those levels...
 ah haha! Yes, I certainly did. 
 Nope. Not even close. The "I'm a mac/I'm a pc" campaign wasn't about snarky, petty and stupid "direct comparisons". It was putting a relationship on display, and highlighting various strengths and weaknesses through the acting out of that relationship.   I'm Steve... and I'm Bill.  (Bill has a cold and sneezes), Steve: What's wrong Bill?   Bill: Be careful there's a nasty virus going around.  Steve: Oh don't worry, I'm pretty much not affected by those...  Bill...
 First, there is no SG5 out yet as far as I know...  so, oops? You kind of jumped the gun on the "comments advert" there...   And now I ask: Why can't YOU check your voicemail list without hanging up? (And also, please describe how that's done on your "SG5".) Why can't YOU look something up during a FaceTime call without disconnecting? (These sound more like 'operator error' to me...) I browsed a web page on my iPad Mini and loved it (a lot more than browsing on my phone,...
 Same here. Late in 2013, I purchased a 13" MBA, a Retina iPad Mini and an iPhone 5s...  every one of them is precision crafted to the smallest detail. Nothing visible is even so much as a hair's breadth out of alignment, every seam perfect. The finish is pretty much flawless, and I've looked them over very carefully. And that's just how the look. They're beautiful to look at and beautifully finished, but also solidly constructed, high-performance/high efficiency...
quite the picture being painted here... people are the problem? yes! they're expensive and troublesome. ok! replace them with robots. what? those people still need income? yes! ok! provide them with low-paying service jobs. what? they want more than a minimum wage? yes! see? expensive and troublesome... ok! build robots to do the service jobs. what? those people are unemployed again? and they're living off meager "free" support benefits? slackers! cut 'em off! sound...
Oh please. Here you are again. You really are obsessive with this meme, aren't you? Most of your posts are all about Apple not having a 5" iPhone screen... Want a bigger screen? Get an iPad. Seriously. Different tools, different uses. Personally, I don't want to "edit documents" (whatever that generic phrase actually refers to), on my PHONE. I wouldn't want to do that on a 5" screen either. Doing that kind of work is somewhat manageable on my iPad Mini (8") screen, Even...
OK, so my prediction was a little off. I said it would be recovering within days... it took a couple of weeks instead.    Still it's recovering quickly, as I expected. At $543 today, after a week of steady increases.   I expect that trend will continue. To those who ranted on about what a failure the reporting/guidance picture was, how the stock is "dead money" for the next three months, how there is nothing in the underpinnings to justify any gains (and others who...