or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

I like the 5c form factor. If it had identical internals to the 5s (including touch ID) I'd have seriously considered one. I'd have maybe preferred a different color selection though.    I suspect we'll be getting a 6c just like that (a 5s in plastic clothing).... but then I'll want the 6s, so, nothing really changes for me! :D   It doesn't mean the 5c "sucks". It's better than the original 5 was internally. Really it's only about the "shell", and IMO that wasn't the...
 In what way was the guidance "not very good"? You keep saying that, but where's the beef!?
 Well, that would all be a great narrative if it didn't fly directly in the face of facts and recent history. Under Tim Cook, Apple has enjoyed the most significant growth in its entire history. Yes. That's a fact (never mind the price of the stock on any given day). It was under Tim Cook's leadership that the company rocketed into its "most valuable company" status, which it also enjoys today. (Or did, I'm not sure if the $50 drop after hours changed that or not). I don't...
 OK, "to wall street" maybe that's true to a degree. But honestly, on sales in the $10s of billions, a .7% YoY margin swing is not remotely considered a price mover. Plenty of other concepts are in play here. Especially when they improved by a similar amount (.9%) over the previous quarter (which already answers your question, "when will margins hold steady or rise?" They just rose .9% QoQ). I could check to see if that is a trend over multiple quarters, but those...
 That's not how it is anymore. No-one should be expecting Apple to exceed their guidance by any significant margin now.  Apple always was seemingly conservative, but they've changed how they estimate it. Specifically with the intent of falling within the range of guidance. e.g. $55 ~ 58 Bn, and they came in at $57.6... just slightly below the high end of the estimate. There's really no sane rationale for the market response. But then, who ever said the market was sane? :)
 well, stock manipulation is pretty much defined by "manipulating expectation", so.... you're right about that.
 Mhm.... and where did those "expectations of better numbers" come from? The false narratives created by market manipulators (aka "analysts") perhaps? Apple would have had to beat their guidance even further to beat those expectations. They nailed or exceeded their own guidance. Why does ANYTHING ELSE matter at this point? Gross margin was 38.6 a year ago. It was 37.9% today, but the sales and revenue were substantially higher, and more than made up for the slight decline...
I already wear glasses. So, tell me. How far did Apple's margins drop QoQ and YoY?
iDoomed?
 Stock price is NOT "all about growth potential". That's a myth these manipulators would love you to perpetuate. Guidance for next quarter is NOT "bad". Certainly it's less than the 'boom time' that is Q1. As is NORMAL for this industry. But compare it to the same time last year. NOT "bad". See? And as for not delivering growth. 10% year on year growth in sales volume for iOS devices? How is that not delivering growth? Growth in net profits, growth in sales volumes,...