or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

Huh, and what happens if the athletes simply ignore the logo-covering "requirement"? Oh, have to give back the "free" Note 3 maybe? Aw...    Trying to imagine a) what a pita it would be to insure that my everyday recording device has its logo covered while competing in and/or running around the OLYMPICS and b) how "uncool" it will undoubtedly look running around with a piece of tape covering the back of my swank iPhone, and c) What do I need with a Note 3 when I have my...
I picked up the product(red) leather case for the silver/white 5s, and it's pretty sharp. Also feels real nice. It probably won't stay new-looking for very long though. I already see the clear effect of use on it a couple of months in. mostly subtle discoloration around the edges. It doesn't look bad, just that "used/worn leather" look just starting to settle in. It might actually look pretty cool once it's fully broken in... we'll see! As for the feel of it, that's...
 and you signed up to an APPLE rumors & news site just to say that?
The first Mac I owned personally was a G4 PowerMac Tower (the one before the "Titanium" tower). Late 1990's or so. Still running Mac OS 9 at the time, but OS X appeared soon after, within a year or two later... that was it for me. I was FORCED to leave behind all my Windows 3.11 machines... along with all the late nights, hair-pulling, 6-times-a-year reinstalls and nightmare "registry" management issues....   The last Windows OS I used was Win 2k (a sibling of NT which...
 In your last there, what you're describing is essentially a "Ponzi Scheme", and I assure you, Social Security isn't that. It's a "pooled fund", which has funds enough in it for the next couple of decades (not accounting for additions), and we adjust the intake over time to insure its long-term viability.  There's nothing dangerous about doing a thing out of necessity. Unless you do it mindlessly, which we are not. What's mindless is the whole-cloth slashing of safety-net...
 That was a fantastically level and considered answer. Thank you! I don't really have anything to add, except to say I genuinely enjoyed the conversation! :)
 I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or provocative, or serious.... so I'll just reply as if it's a continuing discussion :) We can't afford them? Social Security and Medicare are both solvent. As usual we'll have to nudge payments in a bit higher over time to keep pace with inflation, and always work to make the programs more efficient and cost-effective, but both of those programs are currently solvent, self-sustaining programs. Unemployment Insurance is a completely...
 Wow, what an ignorant regurgitation of right wing talking points that was.  First, did our unemployment rate blossom to over 10% because suddenly 10% of America's Workforce decided, "To hell with it! I'm not going to "remain in the workforce", I'm going to go live off "government entitlement handouts" from now on! Unemployment is *free money* so I'm just going to quit my job and sign up!" You're saying if there was no Unemployment Insurance, those people would've remained...
 I never said that I take whatever is offered, or don't negotiate. I said I don't use employment status as the basis for that consideration, nor would I "leverage" their circumstances to get "a deal" on their compensation. I don't aim to benefit off of the misfortunes of others.  I also noted that we always establish a salary range internally, and typically our candidates are at least partially aware of that range before/when they apply. Where that ultimately lands depends...
Steve Jobs, the next Max Headroom?