or Connect

Posts by tribalogical

I know, right? Preaching to the choir?
Actually, I've got it on good authority that the second event will be used to announce the release of the new Apple Orgasmatron Cube.   You see? Cook wasn't kidding when he said they were doubling down on secrecy. I mean, who knew?   The new iPhone is being released first so they can sell a few million of them before people get their hands on the Orgasmatron...   (I still think Apple could be conspiring to "sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids"...
I still don't entirely understand the basis of these suits buy the DoJ...   It looked to me like Apple was busting up a "price fixing" scheme mostly kept in place by Amazon… Apple said to publishers "charge what you want, charge more if you like"...   Yes, it led to slightly higher prices on eBooks… and what?   I don't get what they did wrong… "colluded" with publishers to get their support for their more liberal pricing structure? Is making ANY kind of...
OK, so… now what?
I do prefer the old one… it moves, with the notched "O" before the "S" creating connectivity between the Micro and Soft concepts...   The new one, especially as used on their site WITHOUT the 4-square icon, is … lost and nondescript.   compared:           These were both on a single page on their website… I guess they haven't fully updated their site yet.   Interesting sidenote… from a design perspective, it does appear to me that MS is...
  Considering that I could have designed this one in about 20 minutes…? They spent millions, I'm sure.
  The problem more apparently seems to sit with the Board of HP, who keep making these boneheaded CEO selections...
  Yeah, or another 'analyst note" I spotted on Yahoo Finance asking a bonehead FUD question, "Is Apple Bubblicious?" Inserting the simple notion that what we're seeing in Apple's recent stock rise MIGHT be a bubble… What they didn't add was that it could ALSO be a very sound price correction, being as the stock is rather underpriced given P/E, EPS, etc...   That's the amazing thing of it to me… a strong stock with so many positive fundamentals going DOWN like it did after...
"...64.4% share in the mobile phone market in (the second quarter)…"    64.4%? That can't be right, can it?   People saying that MSFT peaked at a price "adjusted for inflation" that is higher than Apple now… well, but… there's no meaningful reason to make that adjustment when valuing market cap. It's an interesting exercise, but to say Apple has another $200 billion to go to pass MSFT is a bit disingenuous.   By the reverse measure, you could also say MSFT...
The pictured form factor with the narrow bevel on the sides… at first that didn't make sense to me, thinking we need more space for our thumbs… on the 10" iPad, this is true. But on a smaller, MUCH lighter model, we might actually hold it more often using only the bottom bezel rather than the side, and if held at the side it would need less "grip" from a full thumb contact...   So, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes...