or Connect

Posts by The Third Man

A pendrive is physical hardware. You can lose a pendrive. You can forget to bring a pendrive. A pendrive can be nicked. You have to lug a pendrive around all the time if you want its contents available all the time. You can get around all those disadvantages with a software-based virtual pendrive: your own personal little 'cloud' that you cannot lose, can't forget, can't be nicked. And that you don't have to lug around all the time but have available 24/7 nevertheless. It...
Thought your Mac was secure running Apple's latest operating system, Lion? Think again. Turns out that in some respects Lion is actually less secure than previous version of Mac OS X, due to some permission-tweaking by Apple that has opened up a way for an attacker to crack your password on your Lion box: http://delimiter.com.au/2011/09/26/a...ion-passwords/. The flaw was discovered by an Australian researcher who has previously published a guide to cracking Mac OS X...
Unfortunately not. When I go to that URL I get a C-SPAN video library page with in big bold red letters: NO PROGRAM FOUND WITH ID. That's the bad news. The good news is that it's not a problem on your side, but on theirs, and that you're not the only one who can't view/download that video.
Oops! Another fib.
Before you know it everybody will be sueing everybody. And nobody will remember the users.
^^^ Rearguard action.That reason is to set the record straight everytime you bend it in mindless praise of your Lord SJ.
Macintosh Plus, Macintosh SE30, Bondi Blue iMac, 27" iMac.
Thanks for the compliment. Beats a zombie fanboi! You, OTOH, are a big yellow mouth without backbone. You challenged me:I obliged:And guess what happened? For all the world to see here? We record here for posterity that exactly nothing happened! You chickened out (of course). You've proven for all the world to see that you are just a big arrogant blabbermouth without substance. You can't bring yourself to state something, anything, seriously critical about Apple. You...
Because the others, starting with Microshit and Google, but by no means exclusively, screw their customers too but have shittier products.
Yes, it's true. Also converts to PDFs and JPGs. Pretty lo-res, TBH. But the .docx files seem the most useful it's got to offer.