or Connect

Posts by Splif

Pros & cons of the FairTax:http://www.moneycrashers.com/fair-tax-act-explained-pros-cons/ The cons seem to out way the pros for most....of course the wealthy benefit the most.
Did you read his post? It made no sense.
Consumers create jobs. Of course, everyone that works for you doesn't contribute to the success of your company. You wouldn't have employees if you did not need them. Not only to do the job you are paying them for but also their ideas and expertise.
If they don't pay taxes (your statement) How can they raise prices because of higher taxes? If the cost of taxes are passed on to the consumer than isn't that essentially the same thing as not paying taxes?
I didn't mean what I said as some kind of slam. I thanked you for clarifying your statement. You seem to have taken it that way. I pay taxes...so wtf are you talking about? I did not say anything remotely close to that. I believe if they are a necessary evil than everyone should share in the responsibility.
So you are not against taxes. What you have issues with is the way that money is spent. Thanks for the clarification.
A tax is a tax....bottomline it's money out of my pocket. If there are NO taxes, as you have stated you believe in, how is anything funded including defense?
How do you propose we pay for police, infrastructure etc? A flat tax is still a tax.
Where are these sort of taxes based on usage?
You do realize when tax breaks are given to business that the consumer makes up the difference, right? Take my state businesses pay very low taxes & no property tax, education funding has been cut, police forces etc., are being downsized, the roads & infrastructure are a decaying mess etc. The solution (from a Republican Governor & legislature) raise taxes. They have decided to raise taxes on citizens by taxing pensions, raising property taxes on the citizens & now trying...