or Connect

Posts by Splif

What are you talking about? Your argument is laughable. I'm pretty sure Samsung is also using tech under FRAND that someone else is licensing to them that they couldn't do without. I wonder what your argument would be if somebody pulled this sleazy nonsense on them, after all they are profiting more than ALL other Android companies combined. Shouldn't they pay an exorbitant price for those licenses?. You're clueless. Another bit of advice, just because you repeat the same...
 I didn't say everyone copied from Apple. Which version of Android are you referring to? What did Google develop as far as UI that was unique? You haven't mentioned a thing.
This article gives no credit for the work Apple has done in touch interfaces. It is the usual geek culture BS that Apple steals everything & claims it is theirs. Apple offers nothing & does nothing to further technology. Apple didn't work on touch based interfaces in the 80's & 90's? Where is the credit in the article for that? The original argument that you made was about Google having the same product vision as Apple. They didn't & it's obvious. Also, Fingerworks was a...
 Look at smartphone offerings before the iPhone. Show me something that says CONSUMERS were buying smartphones or thought they even needed one.You didn't NEED AN APP DRAWER ON THE ORIGINAL IPHONE YOU WOULD JUST SWIPE to the next window full of applications. When you chose an Apple application the choices in the dock would change specific to the application you were in (convenient & efficient). So now hitting a button to get to my apps so that I can swipe through them is...
 You do know what FRAND Licensing is don't you? Apple did not refuse to pay Samsung for FRAND licensing. They refused to pay quite a bit more than Samsung was charging other companies. They also offered to license Samsung some of their patents. Samsung refused. HTC made an agreement with Apple though.
Nope but hey were early contributors to some...In the late 1980s Apple Computer and VLSI Technology started working with Acorn on newer versions of the ARM core. In 1990, Acorn spun off the design team into a new company named Acorn RISC Machines Ltd., which became ARM Ltd when its parent company, ARM Holdings plc, floated on theLondon Stock Exchange and NASDAQ in 1998.The new Apple-ARM work would eventually evolve into the ARM6, first released in early 1992. Apple used...
 It's a metaphor. The snowflake is Notifications ( a small idea)...which you & your kind keep repeating as if it was some kind of paradigm shifting concept. The avalanche is the iPhone ( a big idea)... the paradigm shifting concept that changed the industry. I said nothing about marketshare in any of my post. Android did nothing to change an industry. It's a knock off product. Please check my other posts. Also WIDGETS have been around on the Mac for years. They go back to...
It's like I said in my previous post. Some people always come back to Notification center as if their main argument. A snowflake is the same as an avalanche.
The truth is out there. It's easy to find & yet we always get this revisionist history nonsense. Look, I could care less what people use. It's a free market make your choice. What I have issues with is the constant muddying up of facts or that somehow a feature like Notification center is somehow on the same level as a paradigm shifting idea, designing the hardware to help that occur, building an actual platform & ecosystem. Imagine all the thinking that others did not...
 Except that is not what you consistently insinuate. You seem to want us to believe that somehow Google's entrance into the phone market was on parallel with Apple's vision or the product that Apple bought to market. It was not. A lot of companies already entered the market before Apple or Google. There is no new vision in entering a market. Jobs mentioned entering the market in 2003, it was a natural evolution from the iPod. A Blackberry clone is not visionary device & It...