or Connect

Posts by Magic_Al

Apple is entitled to recover the profits they would have made if Samsung had not created the opportunity to buy non-Apple phones that satisfied demand for features Apple invented.
 I've heard this as well, and also that the battery in a refurbished device is new. If refurbished electronics pass the same visual and electronic tests as new, there is no meaningful difference. Reliability should be the same as new, and the exterior parts are new. The phrase equivalent to new has to mean not new or it's a meaningless phrase. If people agreed to that phrase then they have to accept a reasonable definition of it:  that Apple can make something that is not...
Take Hollywood's average monthly revenue, divide it by the number of people on Earth who can afford a set-top box, and make that the monthly fee to be able to watch anything and everything that exists on demand. Why is this so hard to put together?
Technology is a global marketplace and all governments need to be considered just another security threat. If there's a backdoor for the U.S., they'll share it with "allies" like Saudi Arabia. China will hack their way through it. Your friend is someone else's foe, your foe is someone else's friend. The only level playing field is one where encryption actually works, and works well, for everybody. There WILL be "warrant-proof" zones, because that's what happens when...
 Ha! Indeed. Hard to believe how small it was. And my hard drive was 70MB. MB.
Wall Street must secretly hate Apple. No, they won't say it while Apple is the most successful company in modern times by many measures, but consider what Wall Street did to JetBlue: analysts tearing it down for “overly brand-conscious and customer-focused" service. They explicitly wanted JetBlue to be as miserable a customer experience as other airlines so it would be more profitable.   What Wall Street wants is for companies to extract maximum profit by making products...
I don't remember 7.5.5 being too bad on a Mac Plus maxed out with 4GB RAM and a SCSI hard drive. 7.5.5 was released over 10 years after the Mac Plus was introduced and nearly 6 years after it had been discontinued. I don't know if any subsequent model was supported that long.
All of you defending suspicion-less searches and unpaid time are real pushovers. I guess if the standards for human decency are lowered on a massive enough scale, abuse becomes not only acceptable, but it also becomes unacceptable to question or challenge it.   In my two decades of employment I've never been drug tested or had my possessions searched. I'm not going to entrust my employment to someone who doesn't trust me and treat me as someone who is equally committed...
Mandating government backdoors for encryption would be a nightmare. Consider the globalization of the industry. If the U.S. requires products to have a backdoor key, of course other countries will want versions of the product that do NOT have the U.S. government backdoor but have a backdoor for their own government. How and where could products could be manufactured with trust intact for customers worldwide?
Hopefully the same system requirements. It would be ironic if a release intended mainly to clean things up and improve performance left out the Macs that need it the most.