or Connect

Posts by e1618978

Was Beats better than MOG?  I liked MOG a lot better than Apple Music, and went back to Pandora when Beats bought MOG. 
Those cases kind of make the apple watch look like the new swatch.
Software patents aren't "people inventing ideas", they are "people pretending to be the first to invent ideas, or inventing obvious and trivial ideas, and then using that BS as a weapon to halt innovation in weaker, smaller companies".
 In order to justify a patent, the public interest has to be served.   The reason that we have patents in the first place is that the guaranteed monopoly on inventions (and the possibility of profit) is an incentive to invent.  That incentive causes more innovation, and that innovation is good for the public.Software patents are bad for the public interest - they are almost always obvious and trivial, they stifle innovation, they are used by large companies to bully...
 Zero, how is that relevant?   I support non-software patents, like drugs or better mousetraps.
 I've been a programmer for 30 years, Mr angry, and never seen any software that deserved a patent.
I hope it destroys the patent system - get rid of all software patents, they are stupid.
He has a point about battery life.  Mine will last almost two days but to get a good daily rhythm I am getting a 2nd watch (42mm SS for daily use, 38mm sport to sleep and exercise with).   His comments remind me of this though:   Balsillie on the iPhone in February 2007: "It’s kind of one more entrant into an already very busy space with lots of choice for consumers ... But in terms of a sort of a sea-change for BlackBerry, I would think that’s overstating it." Read...
 Where did you find iPhone revenue in China vs the rest of the world?
No surprises?   Wouldn't you expect at least some impact to show up in that graph relating to the 2008/2009 financial crisis?   The spikes are not about new iPhones, btw, they are Christmas sales.  Bitcoin has amazing utility for most of the people in the world:- Go ask a prostitute who advertises on backpage.com, bitcoin has allowed them to keep operating even though MasterCard and Visa tried to kill the site.- Go ask a phillipino maid living in the US and remitting money...