or Connect

Posts by e1618978

Is there any place that you can buy chassis mount lightning connectors?  Also, is there a specification somewhere on how you extract the digital signal from the connector? I'd like to build my own DIY lightning d/a converter, if that is possible, using a kandkaudio.com kit and maybe a disassembled lightning to 30 pin adapter.
Then Apple blocked Grindr in Russia because they hate gays personally?http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/05/gay_hook_up_app_russia_block/Being gay itself may not be illegal in Russia, but a search for "Russian anti-gay laws" returns a lot of results.http://www.thewrap.com/stephen-colbert-russia-anti-gay-laws-youd-expect-putin-cover-manholes-video/ 
They do on iPad, once you count the fact that the "white box" tablets are probably just an IDC marketing ploy.  iPads are replacing the entire PC market, really I see Apple as being in a stronger position than Microsoft was back when.Microsoft is in a terrible spot since the PC market is dying.   Google is in a terrible spot since the PC market is dying, and Samsung and Apple have the opportunity to grab all of the mobile advertising revenue and cut Google off at the...
I said this:And you followed up with this: When you said "Apple is protecting themselves" in that context, the only possible meaning is "protection from competition". 
Protecting themselves from competition in exactly the same way as Microsoft did when they bundled IE with Windows...
 If you say "bit coin is illegal" without qualification, it is natural to assume you mean "illegal in the US".  So the original statement is misleading.I don't think that Apple is doing this to protect themselves, I think that they are going to buy PayPal eventually and they want to clear out any possible competition to their eventual payment system dominance.   I realize that you don't agree, but I don't think your arguments have any merit.
Ah, illegal in Russia, but so are a lot of things (homosexuality, for example - so Apple blocks the gay dating apps in Russia).   Apple has to follow the laws of each country, they already have infrastructure in place to block things on a per-country basis.Having something be illegal in some other country is not a good reason to block it in the US.
 huh?  Do you have a reference for this?
Its true that it is difficult to launder black market cash inside the US because of deposit limits and reporting, but that does not matter because most black market cash gets deposited in Mexico or Afghanistan.And obviously, now we need to ban small businesses like car washes, because they can be used to launder money just like bitcoin can.  8-)
I wonder if Apple will buy bing from Microsoft.   I'm hoping that the new Microsoft CEO breaks up the company - it would unlock a lot of value for shareholders since the PC market is dying and they have failed to break into mobile.