or Connect

Posts by e1618978

I wonder if Apple will buy bing from Microsoft.   I'm hoping that the new Microsoft CEO breaks up the company - it would unlock a lot of value for shareholders since the PC market is dying and they have failed to break into mobile.
The notes have serial numbers, but they are still less traceable and accountable than bit coin.   If you care enough, you can figure out who bought what with bitcoin, and most of the time you can't with cash.Any argument that says we should ban bit coins because they are "untraceable" and used for black market transactions can be used even more effectively as an argument to say that we should ban physical cash.   There is a reason that almost all black market transactions...
It wasn't a stupid comment, $100 bills are actually less accountable than bit coin since bit coin isn't really anonymous.   And you must still be out of good arguments.
Yeah, and they should outlaw any other kind of app that uses US dollars also, since 99% of money laundering uses US currency. 
Silk Road was shut down in November 2013.Total bitcoins mined as of November 2013:  approximately 11,800,000Total bit coins mined as of now:  approximately 12,300,000https://blockchain.info/charts/total-bitcoinsTotal bitcoins seised from Silk Road in November 2013:   144,336 So, in November 2013, when Silk Road was shut down, Silk Road had 144,336/11,800,000 = 1.2% of all bit coins, not half.QED
150k is not half of 10 million...    Whoever told you it was half is terrible at math.
If Apple is successful, then it won't be the only way to make a payment, but it will be the most convent way to make a payment, which will result in a monopoly  (just like Amazon prime is going to result in a monopoly).You just want that to happen, is all.
They have removed every bit coin app, though.http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/09/how-does-apple-really-feel-about-bitcoin/I think that the iBooks thing was BS, and Amazon is an abusive monopoly.   Here the shoe is on the other foot - Apple is abusing its market power in an attempt to corner a position in payments.This is no different that the stuff Microsoft used to do.  For all of you arguing that Apple's actions are not anticompetitive, try to imagine somebody using the...
Woz has brain damage from an airplane crash.