or Connect

Posts by e1618978

The problem has gotten way better. The $700 billion stopped the exponential rise in the libor rate, and brought it back to historical norms. The money market insurance that the fed issued stopped society from total collapse in November. I fully anticipate that the $800 billion in spending will also have a positive effect. Why did world war II stop the great depression? Because it involved massive government control over the economy, massive infrastructure spend funded...
Generation Y (born 75-85) is called "the little baby boom" - they will have fewer problems because they also outnumber gen Xers, and some of the baby boomers will have died off. Also, SS will probably be partially dismantled due to the strain put on it by the baby boomers.
Explain why we have a social security surplus now, and why that will soon be gone. Ive explained things as simply as I can, some times you just can't get your point across, and I have reached that point.
formula: (A huge number of boomers * (the amount of money boomers put into SS - amount they will take out)) / (Not so many gen Xers). The problem is because you didn't pay your fair share of taxes, and because you will live too long, and because your medical expenses will be higher than previous generations. The problem is not because of your numbers, the huge number of boomers and the small number of genXers just magnifies an existing problem into a much bigger problem.
I'm not worried about it - I'm 42 and once my stocks recover in a year or two I could retire if I wanted. I'm not counting on SS - I'm just arguing with you and franksagent because the two of you seem to be in denial about this whole thing. The main thing that could hurt me out of this situation is the expansion of payroll tax (remove the cap, subject other types of income, etc) - there aren't that many gen-Xers around compared to the number of retiring boomers, and...
Yes, I did. The money I paid in will be used up by people like you, and I will never see it. The reason that I will never see it is that you didn't pay enough payroll taxes to make up for what you will pull out of the plan - your whole generation is basically the recipient of government welfare at my expense. And jimmac - no debt, no mortgage, and credit cards paid off every month, although I don't see what that has to do with SS.
I didn't play a part in getting us here - all I did is throw payroll taxes down a hole. Jimmac - your whole post is off topic. I'm not saying that we are more frugal than boomers, just that we are getting stuck with their restaurant tab. We have a surplus in the SS account - the baby boomers didn't put enough in, so they are going to suck that surplus dry (plus put it way into debt) before I retire. If they had put enough in, then the surplus would have been enough so...
Now I disagree with both of you. Our banking system was destroyed by lack of regulation.
Canada sets US drug prices indirectly, but refusing to pay for R&D and Advertising - admittedly advertising is optional, but R&D isn't, and the American consumer is stuck with the bill.Canada forces drug companies to sell their drugs in Canada, by saying "sell drugs here, for the prices we tell you, or we will make the generics ourselves".The whole system is ripping off Americans, because the companies are based here. If the companies were based in Canada, it would be us...
1. That is not an answer2. I still stand by what I said in that post. Canada is ripping of the drug companies via extortion, forcing US consumers to pay higher prices.