or Connect

Posts by GTR

I'm sorry, but we're going to have to agree to disagree.I see the government as a ship with a rather large hole in the bottom and I don't think Apple paying everybody to row in the same direction will quite cut the mustard.Bring on tax reform!
 Another one of those beautiful ironic examples that we find in life, where one individual's selfishness benefits the many. For another example, see 'Steve Jobs'. And no doubt many others.
Then what you are referring to is not a problem with Apple transferring legally obtained funds from one area to another but an issue with the way the world works. That, I suspect, belongs in a wholly separate thread... (By the way, I agree with you, but I also believe that a single company should not be held responsible for providing the entire R&D of the world, nor it's income either. That's something that should be shared among many )
And to quote the great Kerry Packer:   "I am not evading tax in any way, shape or form. Now of course I am minimizing my tax and if anybody in this country doesn't minimize their tax they want their heads read because as a government I can tell you you're not spending it that well that we should be donating extra."
Do you want the good or bad news first?   The bad news is that Apple is facing a class action lawsuit from visually impaired citizens living in the Land-Of-The-Free-To-Sue-Whoever-I-Want-If-I-Don't-Like-Something.   The good news is that this class action won't occur until previous class actions against car manufacturers, movie theatres, book publishers, TV stations, and window manufacturers are completed.
Anybody who would like to dispose of their expensive, heavy, and environmentally unfriendly sapphires, please feel free to contact me for it's collection and disposal.
I know why I don't buy as much music as I used to from iTunes and it's got nothing to do with Apple:  
Tim pulled him into his office and, for three whole hours, didn't exchange very stern words with him.
The software updater is understandable, as it generally has to be left open.I've always done any kind of updates on their own, with as little as possible (or nothing) running in the background. In my entire history of Mac use, over a four year period, and four operating systems, I have encountered exactly one issue with an iTunes update (which you promptly assisted me with! Thank you!)This is a little lesson I learned coming from the horrific Windows side of the industry,...
Interesting question. How many of you install any kind of update while multitasking or still leaving programs open during the install? I would be curious to know.