or Connect

Posts by Kooler

I have never had an iPad and really think an iPad 2 would be something good for me and my work. I am still not clear how to make the wifi and 3G connection secure? I guess I would need both. I se people like I teach med students and most of them have iPad2 now and I am not sure how they connect to a secure wireless connection but I assume oit is the 3G or the WiFI. Can somebody explain to me who has a real hard time understanding this technology, I know I teach med...
just a new townhouse that they never cleaned the blower in the AC and the vents out. The MBP is about 1 year old. Genius Bar is not very excited to clean out my MBP and I know it would really make a big difference so I might try it myself. I teach and work on the MBP till about 4am every weeknight. I do put a clean cloth over the MBP when it is on and I am not using it but it needs to be on. One problem is that the fans can't work right so any time I cover it I can...
thanks. did not follow what you meant in the bottom of my PM, but I will not repeat it here. I tried the Apple Store at the genius bar and it was impossible persuading them I need to have the inside taken care of due to the dust. the problem is that my MBP needs to be on all night for my work. Hard to explain. it gets real hot, which is one reason why I think the fans are a bit off sync. And of course how much dust/lint is around and on the desks the day after things...
Hello- I apologize for taking so long. an unexpected medical issue put me in the hospital. I appreciate your help. A pipe cleaner? what is this? Would you recommend I remove the screws since the MacBook Pro is the unibody type. I am not sure I would know where to use the compressed air without the back off. vn with the back of, I do not want to push all the dust and dust bunnies in a worse area. As far as the pipe cleaner, any suggestions on how to use this to try...
Do you know if there will be a 4G for the iPad? The Verizon MIFI2200 (which is 3G) has not worked in the area where I live for about 6 months, since I moved here. After tech support with Verizon, I am told it must be the area I live in. so basically the MIFI2200 from Verizon used to work great. A lot of people in this complex have iPhones bot 3 & 4 so I assume that they use the 3G network. I think the MiFI2200 need an antenna or something else since there are areas...
This is just to clarify and to learn too. with updating the programs that came with the MBP (at that time it was iLife'08, I believe) I kept getting updates but all of the sudden it stopped installing them and just dropping them in my downloads folder. (Just a curious question because I like to learn ) If I use the App Store in my dock to install iLife'11, will it keep the programs from iLife'08 or will it install new programs and keep all the personal projects, pictures,...
I would like to update to the latest iLife bundle but I am not sure if the programs that I currently have on my MBP using SL and version OS X 10.6.7. are up-to-date which would allow me to just purchase the iLife'11 and install it. I recently saw that the TechTracker by CNET (I think) had been downloading the latest versions of iPhoto, but I had no idea they were in the downloads folder on my MBP. What I am trying to find out is if the programs that consist of iLife'08,...
I have not had an iPad but I am thinking about getting one since it seems like a device that make my job and life a little easier. I have used macBook Pros for about 6 years and currently have one that I purchased about a year ago. I would like to lighten up some and the majority of apps/programs on the MBP I do not use. I am not very tech savvy and looking for some input on people that have used the iPad 2 and how that has gone for them. Believe it or not I do not...
My contract with Verizon just ended. I have an upgrade New Every Two $35 discount for the MOTO phone I have had for 6 years but is basically unable to do much because of the condition of the phone. I also have a New Every Two $50 discount for the mobile hot spot MIFI 2200 3G that I have had (plus 3 replacements MIFI2200) for the past 2 years with not the best experience, even after a lot of tech support. I think it is the area I live in Salt Lake /city that just does...
I have been having some new heat issues along with a few more minor problems with my MBP. It is about a year old. It is the unibody so I think removing the back could cause problems with the Applecare. I use the MBP in an environment that has a lot of dust/lint. I keep my MBP on most of the time even at home since I ned to for my work. I would like to get a can of compressed air and try to clean out some of the ports, the fans, etc. but I am not sure what is the...