or Connect

Posts by Sierrajeff

+1 and thank you. I'm so tired of the "Apple's not in it for market share" response. Apple may not be in it for every iota of market share, but they damn well better be in it for a stable piece of the market, at a minimum -- or their profits (and piggy bank) will eventually go bye-bye.
A guy with 5 posts assumes a guy with 188 posts is a troll. *After* the latter person had already clarified that he was being sarcastic [which was kinda obvious to begin with, if you ask me]. And makes a glaring typo while doing so.Priceless.
Given how similar they are in appearance (see: Samsung lawsuit, etc.) you probably just haven't noticed. I'm regularly surprised (do you hear me, Apple patent lawyers) how similar and even confusingly identical Android phones are to iPhones. Sometimes it's only by closing looking at the screen (which is a bit rude...) that I can finally tell it's not an iPhone.
What a hateful, uninformed statement. Giving up a child for adoption is a helluva big distance away from "throw[ing] their babies in the trash can". In fact, it's pretty much the opposite. It's bringing a life into being, but giving that living thing, your own child, to someone else because you know you can't raise it. To me that's a gut-wrenching, heart-breaking, and *selfless* decision.
I'm thinking that the angled top & bottom on the back of the camera would make it a lot easier to slip into pockets (or protectors). On the other hand, does that really leave enough space for the camera and flash components at the top of the phone? It doesn't look like it, and the pix on YouTube aren't quality enough to see how 'they' (Apple, or the fakers) handled the lens/back interface.
What a jerkish comment. If they're an American company that wants to succeed, they'll focus on the rest of the world -- such as the booming growth in China -- and that happens to be exactly what Apple's doing. Any U.S. company that focuses only on the U.S. is doomed, and will soon be eclipsed by competitors who know better.
Agree with your discussion on why a person would rent TV episodes - we've done the same for the same reasons. Have to disagree about purchasing DVDs, though. In our last 2 x-country moves we shed a lot of DVDs and music CDs that we haven't accessed in years - and it feels great not to have shelf after shelf full of discs that do nothing but gather dust. I can't imagine going back to purchasing physical copies of show after show; there are very few shows that I like so...
Ludicrous overstatement. We've been using only ATV2 for 3+ months, virtually all streaming Netflix, and are generally very pleased. My only beef is when shows are less than complete - e.g. Hot in Cleveland, only season 1 is posted. But we've watched Tudors, ST:Voyager, Mad Men, etc. - hardly "a few titles for kids" and "washed-up shows".
+1 Given that there are no manufacturing costs or distribution costs as with DVDs, in fact the per-episode cost should be even lower than a pro-rata price of buying the DVD. If a 20-episode DVD costs $20, you should be able to buy programs via iTunes for between 50 and 80 cents. [Aside - let us pause and mourn the 'cent' symbol, no longer to be found on keyboards.]
What a joke, this is a 'prediction'? I bet in 1991 they would have predicted that Microsoft's share of PC operating systems was about to drop to 40% too. Thanks AI for pointing out the complete lack of rationale or logic for saying Apple's tablet share will be cut in half within the next few years. I'm not an Apple acolyte, but the fact is the iPad is the *only* tablet that most people want, and with it being adopted wholesale by businesses left and right (see stories...