or Connect

Posts by Sierrajeff

Sooo..... get the iPad keyboard dock. (And how is that in any way shape or form different than the Win8 tablet dock in the video?) Seriously, people who treat the iPad as a toy simply aren't realizing it's potential and/or are deliberately ignoring solutions to their problems.
I was going to say that I liked the longer 16:9 (or whatever it is) form, but ... a cooling fan?
I agree with this reasoning - this is a low-level guy who doesn't know squat, and they reason they were briefed on the iP4 is that's all that's out yet. I will say that if Sprint *doesn't* get the iP5 next month, it's likely I'll be one of many jumping ship. I've waiting a long time for Sprint to get the iPhone, but with my contract up and my frustration with my BB running high, I just don't have any interest or incentive to wait another 4 or 5 months for the iP5 to...
Using maps to navigate / figure out where you are. Using Yelp or similar apps to find a restaurant when you're on the road or someplace new. Checking news headlines when you're away from an iPad or PC. Taking pictures (of events, people, bar codes, whatever). Playing games while you're bored. Downloading the police light app (flashing red and blue) and scaring the crap out of your friends. I could go on (and on and on). Don't get me wrong; I sometimes miss the form factor...
Even that's going away - I could (if I wanted) sign up for the baseball network via my AppleTV2, and I think maybe NBA too (I could care less, so I don't know for sure). And the same with premium channels' material - The Tudors and Mad Med are on streaming Netflix now, for example. So while I'm not able to watch them at the same time as their broadcast (guess I miss out on the water cooler conversation - yawn!), I still get to see them (and on my terms and schedule, and...
+1. SyFy is doing the same thing - won't post new episodes on Hulu until the entire season is over. So while I might like to watch, say, Warehouse 13 -- I'm not. I'm not going to subscribe to cable & pay over $100 a month just to watch Warehouse 13 or to be able to watch CNN streaming on my iPad.Ultimately, viewers can't miss what they can't watch, so this behavior by networks will backfire on them in the end. To continue my example - maybe by the time the latest SyFy...
This is so stupid. Media companies just don't get it. Especially if I'm willing to sit through commercials (a la Hulu), why should I also have to be a cable subscriber? How can they not get the point that the very reason growing numbers of people are abandoning cable is because of the cost; that the media companies have a golden opportunity to break free of cable distributors by appealing directly to consumers.It'd be as if music companies a decade ago had said "You...
Woo-hoo! A month & 2 days until I can say hello to a Sprint iPhone and good-bye and good riddance to my BB!Can you elaborate? Just curious.
Very well said. The new campus is perfect for what it is - a suburban office campus - but I'd like to think that Apple could do more than simply perfect an existing solution; I'd like to think they could come up with something that breaks the mold.
Uh, why? Did this guy single-handedly create L.A.'s car culture? Did he force every Angeleno, decades ago, to vote against public transit and build freeways? Don't be so snide and simple, it just negates anything substantive might you have to say.