or Connect

Posts by sessamoid

Not that I can recall. When he says "nope" that's pretty much the end of the story.
I don't think it has cost Apple much at all. Costco is largely a west coast phenomenon, which just happens to be area on the planet with the best coverage for brick and mortar Apple Stores. I would guess it was a wash for Apple. Any sales they may have missed by not having Costco on board were probably at least in part made up by driving a portion of those customers to physical Apple Stores where they don't have to pay a middleman, expose the customer to Apple's design...
A lot of media have latched onto the Mayo clinic partnership because they've heard of the Mayo Clinic, but that's largely window dressing as far as I'm concerned.   The really interesting partnership is with Epic. Epic Systems is the 800 lb gorilla of electronic health records, by far the largest EHR vender in the country. If you could instantly export data from Epic to the patient's Health app on his phone, that would be beyond awesome.
In case the other replies didn't clue you in, that feature is still available and always has been. On the iPad, tap "People" in your shared Photostream. Scroll down and turn on "Public Website" and it'll give you a URL to send to people. It works similar on Mac, but the UI is a little different.
Also, Apple's "Healthkit" is not a consumer facing brand. It's strictly a developer API/service from what I can tell.
You mean RE-acquire ARM. Apple was one of the 3 original companies that founded ARM as a joint venture, but had reportedly since sold off their share of the company.
I suspect that the people Google was interested in poaching would be making far more than a mere $75/hr by at least several multiples. Apple, along other big companies, may have broken the law here, but I seriously doubt they cared much at all about "keeping wages down". Apple probably viewed it as a trade secret issue, but primarily they probably didn't want the disruption that would come from losing key people.
April. OMG, I didn't realize that they changed the end of the year to month #4! Samsung has done nothing to "outdone" the iPhone. The S5 has been greeted with a "meh" both by reviewers and by buyers. Their smart watches are such duds that they're giving them away with purchase of a TV. The reason customers don't jump ship from Apple to Samsung is because Apple isn't in the junk business.
The problem right now is that their idea and my idea of where the "creepy line" sits are pretty different. The problem for the future is that I have no idea where the next guy(s) that run the company will think the "creepy line" lies, but they will still have all that years/decades personal data that they can use. Even if I were to trust Schmidt & Co. now, do I trust some unknown future CEO?
Your google-fu is fail. Everybody who tried that in that very thread you linked said it didn't work for them.  And this is on a much older model, which I doubt Apple paid that much attention to when they developed Activation Lock. I suspect the 5s and 5c would be even tougher. Maybe I'm overly cynical, but I suspect the supposed "jailbreak" is just malware that somebody is foisting on unsuspecting people who want some way to unlock a cell phone that they don't have...