or Connect

Posts by snova

vaporware
Someone at HP wants to give the search giant, Google, access to all HP enterprise level documents? What well thought out plan!
its not up to Apple.  As I understand it these are just maps to unicode.   Get "motorcycle" assigned to a unicode value first. http://apps.timwhitlock.info/emoji/tables/unicode
AI Editors.  It would be great if tips like this were posted more often here on regular basis.   I didn't know about the timestamps, very helpful. thanks
Most Favor Nation's clause would have helped B&N because it would put an end to Amazon's predatory pricing attacks which is killing off sellers like B&N.   The issue is the only thing B&N has to sell is books. They can't continue to take a loss in books and make it up in other areas like Amazon can. B&N's demise has little to do with competition from Apple's bookstore and all to do with Amazon's predatory pricing in books.  The Prime stuff is also upsetting and has turned...
Why would Apple want to buy at cheapest wholesale price? They wanted an agency model which was designed such that Apple always gets 30% profit, regardless of price to be set by the publishers.
all I know is the books are being offered in the Apple bookstore for those not offered in Amazon.   Keep it going Amazon, piss off some more publishers.  No doubt the other 4 publisher are watching this closely as it could happen to them also.
While I doubt it, I secretly hope this is the beginning of the end of Amazon's ebook business.  Their stock has been taking a beating by wall street, now lets pile it on with more publishers who refuse to meet their terms.
maybe they see carrier sub as only way to move these units. I can see the ad now.   "buy SmartGear watch for $0.01* and get another one for free*.  For a limited time, we will throw in a free* Galaxy S5 too"         * - with 2 year contract.
  No more excuses when you want to share a document with someone. They don't need to sign up for anything to view or edit a document you want to share.  What a concept, huh?  I know how we are gonna share real-time updated Christmas lists this year.