or Connect

Posts by snova

ah.. I think I found the relationship and confusion here.  The founder of Roku briefly took a VP position at Netflix for a 10 month period to help them get into embedded devices after Netflix rolled out playback on PCs and Macs via Silverlight.   However, its important to point out the he remained as chairman of the board at Roku when he took the VP roll at Netflix and then 10 month later returned back as CEO.     so I think we can read between the lines as to what the...
that sounds interesting.. where did you guys dig up this info about Roku being developed by Netflix?   Are these statement about Roku being a business spin off from Netflix,  something to back up ? Or are we digging these out of a dark place?  As far a I know Roku was started by the team that sold off ReplayTV.  Founded by the same guy that started ReplayTV. Original Netflix playback was on Windows only using Silverlight; priority 1 go to market strategy.. NOT set top...
 Dear AI editing staff. A. According to the article the $1.3 billion appears to be NOT just for iPads.   It seems the $1.3 is broken out to be $500 million for iPad and electronic curriculum from Pearson.  The remaining $800 million for other costs.The article did not say what the split of the $500 mill between iPad and electronic curriculum is.  "The FBI seizure of documents came as the L.A. schools inspector general, Ken Bramlett, continued his inquiry into the events...
trying to play games on Chromebook? now that would be entertaining... but more from the observer's point of view than for the player's.
This is great example of why the OP said ""i'm sure there is but it will be a bitch""  to his friend and why he should be prepared to waste additional time and money on "geeking out" for a solution. What he really wanted was a cheap product that supported what the AppleTV does well out of the box with his iPad onto his TV. Instead, what he got was wasted time and money on a useless doorstop  Next I supposed someone is going to suggest "geeking out" a bit more with another...
yes. I had the same thought.  reading the fully LA article helps to read between the lines and explain why this got up to the federal level investigation level (FBI).  I don't think they are canceling iPad, just delaying right now.  Contract was NOT lost to Chromebooks.  seems that someone on the school board got their feathers ruffled about this transaction and ask the L.A. county district attorney office to get involved to look for wrong doing. When LA country district...
I got the impression he wanted to raise the bar in education instead of buying the minimal POS solution. Someone didn't like having their proposal rejected. mess with Amazon they send in the DOJmess with Google and Microsoft they send in the FBI.
So after spend another buck on an App and "geeking" with this Chromecast... how long do you think it would it take the OP's friend to get frustrated and give up when he realizes that it doesn't actually do what he wanted it to do??  See the OP original request in red. 
The web site name was choosen perfectly to draw in the audience they seek. good one.
from the article:Reason 1: Chromebooks are for Creating, iPads are for ConsumingReason 2: The App Versus the WebReason 3: The Google Ecosystem for Collaboration I think this boils down to one underlining reason. That is price.    Reason 1. I think what they are saying here is, Chromebooks are already cheaper than iPad and Chromebooks already come with a keyboards. Fair enough. However, I would assert that most kids spend more time consuming than they do creation with...