or Connect

Posts by snova

also.   "Digitimes rumor say..."
And. She. Wants. To. Go. All. The. Way!!!
I have had Office 2011 for 4 years now.. so at $70/year it would have been $280.  Pretty sure I did not pay that much. 
your point?  doesn't matter which fish eat which fish.  Samsung needs Google more than Google needs Samsung.  Samsung is just a HW manufacturer with a big marketing budget. They can be replaced.
Samsung not strong enough and does not have a wide enough play. Its all about the Google ecosystem which it tightly coupled with Google services.  Samsung is free to try to leave, but someone else will take their place.  Plenty of Chinese guys around with deep pockets like Huawei, Lenovo and up and comers.  Samsung would need to build up effectively a Cloud as large as and with similar services as Apple iCloud including map services to try to compete. We saw how...
If we review history we will notice this will take the same path of the Nokia Meego smartphone efforts. Promises, demo to press, delays and then final realization its "not good enough".  I don't see it happening and the project will get cancelled unless they make some kind of acquisition of a SW company.  Or vs. versa. This is Samsung, folks. They whip out different models by the dozen if they want to. Its not the HW holding them back. Its the SW and they are no SW...
you wouldn't like where I pull the answer out of. 
first, isn't the combined market share of all Android guys larger than Samsung? not that it matters
DED,   I little background that might interest people.   As people are aware Intel has been disperately trying to get into Mobile.  It turns out they are interweaved into what happened to Nokia and Samsung.   Moblin (version 1). Intel created a mobile OS called Moblin  It was effectively a copy of Nokia earlier open source effect with their Nxxx line Mobile Internet devices. Remember N800? It was effectively a stripped down UI based on GTK running on ARM.  Intel...
If Samsung tries to go their own way with a Tizen phone, they would need to decide if they want to market it as premium or low end phones or both.  If they go low end, they would be racing to the bottom and effectively competing against their own Android models.  If they go premium they are going to need to be better than both Apple and their own Android models at the user experience.  Good luck with that one.    more "its not going to be easy"