or Connect

Posts by snova

I think that is what we had before iOS and Android.   No mature Ecosystem, carrier friendly good enough.  Right?   I think it needs to be more than that if you want to get people off Android. Having Samsung abandon Android and convince people to follow them onto Tizen with "carrier friendly good enough" without the mature ecosystem in non starter for most who are already invested into Android App.   On the other hand, I am not saying many are.  Having good user experience...
Either I need to go back and reread more carefully or maybe this could have been empathized more clearly and straight forward as you stated here. I honestly did not pick up this point upon reading the article. Maybe a little bit of both?
I concur. I understood this point exactly as you summarized.  Anyone who got confused needs to go back and reread that editorial.  Google could care less about Android, as long as they have a vessel to be the man in the middle of all consumer interaction with the internet and access to all data being generated by sensors in the user's device.
if they could do it they would. This would be the "its not gonna be easy" part.  Google could care less if its this sack of poop platform or that sack of poop platform as long as its their platform that they can control and no one is able to get in their way from harvesting user information. Like Apple. They want to be the man in the middle  of all user interaction and sensors in the device.   If Apple would have allowed them that freedom in the first place there would be...
I honestly don't know. Maybe we find out soon enough using Microsoft Windows as a subject.
hold up.  They sold Bada to who?   Tizen is Bada merged with Meego which was Nokia QT merged with Moblin 2 which was OpenedHand Clutter merged with Moblin which was lite version of Gnome GTK which was based on Linux.
why would it not? There is already an ecosystem established.
If I were Apple, I'd hit them with another lawsuit early on Tizen if it looks like what is in that photo.
this would be good ammo when Samsung suggests that it was only leveraging Google's work and that Apple should go after Google instead.This Tizen phone looks even more like an iPhone both HW and Home screen then the Galaxy. Not gonna look good to the jury if they claim that Google is to blame. 
melgross,   if you would like entertain productive conversation about pro features in LR, I'd like to know what pro features in LR, don't exist in Aperture, that you feel pros can not live without.  I honestly never felt anything lacking for myself in Aperture. What am I missing?      As far as having a strong link between LR and Photoshop, I am not sure that this necessary.  Most good photographers try to take shots with the right composition, filters, camera settings...