or Connect

Posts by snova

Other than requiring a lot of RAM, the tool works well for me.  I have developed a workflow over many years that works very well for me and there is no reason to switch. Of the one notable feature that Aperture lacks (lens correction),  I rarely feel I need lens correction.  When I do; I use PTlens.
I assume you already have Pixelmator?   Does most of what I need.
I have to admit,  I did not read the link at first and as a result Gatorguy rightly so told me to stop asking him annoying questions and just RTF Article.  It stung a little, but he was right. Reading it answered most of my questions and cleared things up.   Gatorguy, my apologies to you.
perhaps... I think more importantly, I don't think this number tells us anything that has much value. At least not that I can figure out why it would be useful. I would think most consumers buying Android or iOS phones don't jailbreak or use third party stores other than OEM. I guess it's nice of Google to scan third party stores downloads and tell users who hack their phones when Google thinks they have downloaded a sneaky app that is on Google's known blacklist. Better...
macaholic_1948,as Gatorguy pointed out the .12% infection rate represents only the hit rate from 1200 known apps from outside of the Google Play store.  What we don't know is how many infected apps have been found in the Google Play store at any point in time.  Something I think which is not in Google's interest to reveal. Of course there is this whole realm of unidentified apps existance in App stores (any app store for that matter Android, iOS, Windows, Mac); no idea how...
That cleared things up. "Google’s security mechanisms have improved Android’s malware defenses and provided Ludwig a platform for collecting and analyzing data from over 1.5 billion app installs." "The research presented by Ludwig includes the classification of the types of threats that are represented in a sample of the 1,200 potentially harmful apps" "Google obtained convincing evidence that the rate of “potentially harmful apps” installed is stable at about 1,200 per...
ok. will do. thanks.
sorry, but this still does not make much sense. Why does it matter how many times an app is downloaded.  If you download the same app w/o malware present 100,000 times you expect to get a malware in one of those times? If you download an app with malware present just once, you don't expect to be infected?  What kind of funny math is this?   Wouldn't these percentage numbers be based on if the malware was linked to popular downloaded or not and if it was ever detected to be...
Percent sign[edit]Main article: percent signThe word "percent" is derived from the Latin per centum meaning "by the hundred".[2] The percent sign evolved by gradual contraction of the Italian term per cento, meaning "for a hundred". The "per" was often abbreviated as "p." and eventually disappeared entirely. The "cento" was contracted to two circles separated by a horizontal line from which the modern "%" is derived.[3]
is that what percentage means. I could have sworn it meant parts per hundred.  So if I have an app store with 1 malware app in it (say as popular as Facebook or flappy bird) in terms of downloads per day, the chance it will infect someone is once every how often?