or Connect

Posts by snova

yep. misread it. sorry.
There are numerous valid reasons why one would also choose BlackBerry and Windows Mobile.  For that matter, flip phones too. 
.001 /100 * number of apps * number of Android or iOS users who download it ?   I'm thinking that is still a heck of a lot of people affected. right?   regardless, as I said above.  If the hit rate was low it would not make it worth their time to write malware.  Writing malware is business.  No opportunity, no money, no interest. Obviously, that's not the case. All it would take would be 1 popular app that gets downloaded a heck of a lot of time to make it worth while.  I...
lets just leave this as a religious debate. *fact*
pretty sure its all the same issue;  RAM.  It seems to due reasonably well with 16GB without issues most of the time.  No doubt, its a bit much.
I respectfully disagree. Aperture is currently #5 in top grossing paid Mac apps in the Mac App store 
I'd buy a 12-13" ARM based rMBA.  For extreme horsepower needs I'll use my rMBP 15".  Don't need to lower price of the MBA to get my attention. Happy to trade x86 for ARM and Retina at the current price and battery levels.
hit rate for use of third party app stores would not make it worth their time to write malware.
I hate to say this but I think its best to keep Qualcomm as a vendor, then to piss them off and make them a competitor.   They are a royality revenue generating monster when it comes to do with anything related to wireless.  Apple would be best to avoid that fight.    case in point, look at why Samsung uses Snapdragon and Qualcomm baseband only in US Galaxy S models and their own SoC elsewhere. 
Qualcomm has all the pieces to do the same.So does Intel.