or Connect

Posts by snova

ok. will do. thanks.
sorry, but this still does not make much sense. Why does it matter how many times an app is downloaded.  If you download the same app w/o malware present 100,000 times you expect to get a malware in one of those times? If you download an app with malware present just once, you don't expect to be infected?  What kind of funny math is this?   Wouldn't these percentage numbers be based on if the malware was linked to popular downloaded or not and if it was ever detected to be...
Percent sign[edit]Main article: percent signThe word "percent" is derived from the Latin per centum meaning "by the hundred".[2] The percent sign evolved by gradual contraction of the Italian term per cento, meaning "for a hundred". The "per" was often abbreviated as "p." and eventually disappeared entirely. The "cento" was contracted to two circles separated by a horizontal line from which the modern "%" is derived.[3]
is that what percentage means. I could have sworn it meant parts per hundred.  So if I have an app store with 1 malware app in it (say as popular as Facebook or flappy bird) in terms of downloads per day, the chance it will infect someone is once every how often? 
to be fair.  The .001% figure is Google's estimate of malware that they missed. Not Gatorguys.    Kind of an interesting estimate and makes me wonder what dark place they pulled it out of.  If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, is it counted? then again, same can be said for Mac OS X.  All it takes is 1, like the "Flashback".  If I was in the malware business, I would definately pick the market with the best opportunity for success.  Windows and Android would...
yep. misread it. sorry.
There are numerous valid reasons why one would also choose BlackBerry and Windows Mobile.  For that matter, flip phones too. 
.001 /100 * number of apps * number of Android or iOS users who download it ?   I'm thinking that is still a heck of a lot of people affected. right?   regardless, as I said above.  If the hit rate was low it would not make it worth their time to write malware.  Writing malware is business.  No opportunity, no money, no interest. Obviously, that's not the case. All it would take would be 1 popular app that gets downloaded a heck of a lot of time to make it worth while.  I...
lets just leave this as a religious debate. *fact*
pretty sure its all the same issue;  RAM.  It seems to due reasonably well with 16GB without issues most of the time.  No doubt, its a bit much.