or Connect

Posts by snova

this last point is very good.   Also a reason not to upgrade to a new version of Office or Windows for some people. 
this was helpful, thanks.
reading more about PDF changes between Mac OS X "print to PDF" generated version 1.3 and latest Adobe Pro generated version 1.7, looks like Mac "print to PDF" users are missing out on further encryption algorithm options, embedding JPEG2000, XML forms, 3D models, Javascript and Flash. 
"There is a lot more to Acrobat than you realize."  Lol. You are stating what I already know. That is why I asked.  Unforunately, your response still leaves things as mystery to me. As for producing PDF which is compatible to standard back from 2008.  I am not sure how that is bad thing. I thought the whole point of producing PDF is because it is "Portable" Document Format.   Why would we want to send people a new PDF formatted document which they can not read? I might as...
there is a troubling trend in that software is continued to be devaluated. First through the Open Source movement, then through introduction of relatively low priced App store models and free Ad based models and social networks.  Companies which make their money purely from SW products (w/o adds) are finding it hard to convince people to pay a premium for their offerings and make compelling updated versions worthy of upgrade.   Many are going to a forced subscription...
Its been my observation that many companies are not using that latest version of Office and are in no hurry because they can not justify a need to do so.  Same thing with Windows but to a lesser extent due to new HW requirements.   Microsoft needs to figure out how to change that.
what would be the need to use Acrobat Pro on a Mac?  I'm not trying to set you up here. I honestly, don't know. I thought Acrobat Pro's whole reason for existing was to produce PDF documents.  With Mac you just select "print to PDF" to accomplish that goal.   What am I missing??
I tend to agree with this.  Most IT departments have a standard install set (or images) on all machines.  Regardless if and how often the tools will get used by each specific employee.  This allows various departments to compose documents in a format that they know everyone can read.  How often someone is required to compose depends on their role.  Which is a "don't care" form an IT point of view.  For most IT departments, I think it would create too much headache to try...
I use it all the time in my profession.   except I learned it to mean "Simple Wild Ass Guess".   But I think your version is funnier. 
oh oh .. speechless? sorry.. I'm not playing. game over.