or Connect

Posts by Beerstalker

SlingTV does not include the OTA networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC), so it is missing all Fox shows.
 Ok, so say while you are a work you think of a way that could make what you do easier/faster/cheaper.  You tell a coworker about it and they think it helps too.  Your coworker tells your boss about it and your boss likes the idea too.  The company implements it and it saves a bunch of money, so your coworker is given a promotion and a raise.  You get nothing.  Would you be upset?
You are right, and that is why I said things like "I'm pretty sure they are wrong", and "as I understand it". I know that is what the articles say, I believe they are wrong.  HBO has stated that there will be no live streaming versions of the channels, just on demand content available after it had aired on the channels (I thought it was on the HBO Now FAQ page but I just looked and don't see it now).  This was important becuase some people were asking about boxing, and the...
 Don't count on that.  You may be able to get the prime time shows, but I doubt you will be able to get the actual live stream of the channel, local programming, or any of the sports carried on those channels.  You will have to use an OTA antenna and your TV tuner, or another DVR like a TIVO to get that I bet.
A couple issues with this article (and most of the ones recently).   I'm pretty sure they are wrong about the cost thing.  Comcast will have to make thier programming available at a cost comparable to what they charge other companies like Dish Network/DirecTV/Verizon Fios etc.  Not a price comparable to CBS's deals with Apple.  However, comparable is a pretty broad term, so don't think that just because DirecTV pays Comcast $3 a sub that Apple will get that same price,...
What many here are failing to realize is that it isn't Apple/Comcast/DirecTV etc really coming up with these bundles (at least not partially).  A lot of these bundles happen because one company owns many networks.   For example don't expect to be able to subscribe to Comedy Central by itself, because Viacom is most likely going to force you to also subscribe to MTV, VH1, CMT, BET, LOGO, SpikeTV, Nickelodeon and the rest of their channels at tha same time.   Don't...
 And her blog post refers to a Drop Labs blog post that appears to be written by........ Cherian Abraham She also doesn't mention by name who the "banker" speaking about this fraud was.  Seems like another suspect reporting job to me.
 Not sure why you think your DVD rips can't be used.  I have DVD rips on my parents computer and can watch them on their AppleTV's thorughout the house.  You just need them as an MP4 file that the AppleTV can play, and then add them to your iTunes library.  The good thing about that is then those same movies are available to put on your iPhone/iPad also.  There are plenty of programs to help do this depending on what kind of computer you have. I do wish there was a better...
 I would imagine it is going to be just like HBO Go.  It will have all of the episodes, from all of the seasons of the majority of their shows.  There will likely be some shows missing because of rights issues (I believe Sex In The City, and Mr Show are missing along with some others). It should have most if not all of the HBO documentaries. It will have whatever movies they have the rights to at that time.  So while HBO might have shown a certain movie 3 years ago they...
I know with HBO Go you can log in at different locations even at the same time.  People online talked about giving out their logins/passwords to firends and HBO was aware and ok with it.  Not sure if that will happen with this though.  Wouldn't be suprised to see the $15/mo is for one stream at a time, and if you want more than that you have to pay more.