or Connect

Posts by Beerstalker

I have been hoping for something like this for a while, although I would like to see it work over WiFi.   For example, I think it would be great if you could play a movie on one iPad/iPhone and have the same movie show up on other nearby iPad/iPhones at the same time so multiple people can watch together.  Imagine a family on a long car trip where each person has their own iPad/iPhone, being able to watch a movie together and listen to it over the car speakers, but each...
 I did not repeat what you said.  I will say it again, the consumer/iPhone/Apple Watch etc. does not need any kind of internet connection or cellular connection at all.  Please stop trying to confuse people about this.  Way to many people think they need a connection for it to work for their phone, they do not. The merchant does not have to have an internet connection either.  They could use a satellite or radio connection that has no ties to the internet at all.
No, the consumer does not need an internet connection (or any other type of connection) at all.  The consumer can put their phone in airplane mode, shutting off all cellular, bluetooth, and WiFi signals and Apple Pay will still work fine for them.  The consumer will not need to buy WiFi service on their flight, or even hook up to the planes WiFi if it is free.  The only part of Apple Pay that a consumer needs a connection for is adding a new payment card. The merchant...
The consumer using Apple Pay on their iPhone (or Apple Watch in the future) will not need an internet connection while on the plane to make purchases.   The JetBlue iPads that are making the sale will most likely be using an internet connection to verify the purchase so it can go through.  I suppose they could be using some older connection type over satellite or radio waves, but they will have to somehow be talking back to a processing center to process the transaction...
It appears exactly the same as if you swiped the card.  There is nothing different about how the payment gets posted to your account. When  you set up your credit card in Apple pay, your phone contacts the bank that issues your card and tells them your card number and who you say your are.  The bank then replies to the phone and verifies that the information is correct and tells your phone a certain formula to use to creat one time use credit card numbers that will be tied...
My guess is that the companies getting MFI certification for their controllers are getting licenses to these patents as part of that certification/fee.   Now if there are companies out their making controllers like this that aren't MFI certified, then yes I could see Apple going after them for patent violations now.
That is what he is saying, people will prefer ApplePay in the long run because it uses your credit cards so you get those perks. He is saying that MCX and the others that don't use credit cards will not be popular with people because then they won't be getting the perks from their credit card companies for those purchases.  MCX works more like a debit card, taking money directly from your checking account, which is what Walmart/Best Buy want because they are trying to...
 Ha ha ha, ok, maybe not way bigger than 12".  But if  you assume a 1" bezel all the way around it comes out to about a 15.6" screen. Now if those are the smaller 100x38 (4"x1.5") forks it would look to be about 8"x12" in size.  So if you had a 1" bezel all the way around it would end up with about a 6"x10" screen, or 11.7" diagonal.  1/2" bezel would be 7"x11", for a diagonal of 13".  So I guess if those are 4"x1.5" forks it could make sense.
Most fork truck forks are 150x50 (6"x2").  To me that means this mould would be for something about 12" x 16".  That seems like it would be for something with a screen way bigger than 12".
Sorry but  you are wrong.  Most of these have built in radio, CD/DVD players, Navigation, bluetooth, video inputs, etc. Looks like I was right with my post earlier, we are going to start seeing a lot more Carplay enabled aftermarket units coming out.  Kenwood only announced one it looks like but I bet they come out with more later and the DDX9902S is just the top of the line so they put it out first.