or Connect

Posts by Beerstalker

I know I ordered three from Verizon because they were giving out $200 for old iPhone trade-ins (I traded in three iPhone 4). I've already received all 3 that I ordered though, so I'm not sure why his are taking so long.  128GB 6+ ordered around 3am on the 12th, 16GB 6 ordered around noon on Saturday 13th, and another 16GB 6 ordered around the 27th.  Got the first two on Sept 29th and 30th, and the last one on Oct 7th.
I really hope the mean that Apple Pay will be the only payment system allowed to use NFC.  I hope they let apps use it for other reasons.  It'd be nice to be able to use my phone with the badge reader at work in order to unlock the door, maybe use it to unlock/start your car, etc.  NFC can be used for much more than just payments, and I hope Apple allows that.
Exactly, I definitely want to be able to choose a default card.  I use my Discover card for the vast majority of my purchases.  I want to be able to set it as my default card and use it most of the time.  If I want to use a different card, then I can go in and choose that card when I need to use it.  I don't want to have to take those extra steps to pick a card each and every time I pay for something.   Seems to me that Tallest Skil should have read the article :) ...
Trying to preorder on Verizon's site and all I keep getting is "Error while retrieving ECPD profile."
I believe the FCCs issue with Verizon here is that it is singling out Unlimited plan users, thus punishing those users alone to try to get them to change their habits or their plans.   I think if Verizon were to say that they were going to throttle all of the top 5% of data users in a congested area the FCC would be fine with that.  That is not what Verizon is doing though, they are only going to throttle the top 5% of data users if they have unlimited plans.   I agree...
OK, so it looks like my earlier assumption was right.  The programmers must need to update their apps in order to make them work with Carplay, just like they have to for Airplay.  Spotify was not being blackballed like some people assumed when it was left off the initial list of compatible apps.   If Kenwood comes out with a new model next year that supports carplay I may finally decide to upgrade my old DDX6019.
If I remember right Nest admitted there was a batch made with bad sensors that caused this to happen.  Replaced them all for free or offered refunds.  I think there was also a batch with bad batteries that were dead when they arrived, again Nest offered free replacement batteries or a refund. While it does seem like they have hit a few roadbumps with this product they do seem to be working very hard to take care of their customers when they happen.  And it seems like the...
 That one-link requires the smoke detectors to be hard wired together, which many homes do not have.  This is the one that is a closer match to the Nest Protect. http://www.amazon.com/First-Alert-SCO501CN-3ST-SCO500-Combination/dp/B000EVO7C2/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1403024577&sr=1-2&keywords=first+alert+one+link+wifi It features the WiFi link between units and talking alarm to tell you which room is triggering the event.  Seems to run between $60-80 which...
Here's the page on Nest's website about the "Heads Up" and Emergency alarms.   http://support.nest.com/article/What-s-the-difference-between-Heads-Up-and-Emergency-Alarms   I personally love the feature.  Saved me twice last winter from having a really upset baby in the middle of the night.  The humidifier in the baby's room got set too high and the room filled with fog.  The Nest detected it as smoke and gave us a "heads up" that woke us up but not the baby.  We were...
 First, we need to make clear here you can only silence the "heads up" alert.  The "heads up" alert sounds when the Nest senses some smoke/CO, but not enough to be an emergency.  The Nest gives you a "heads up" that says hey I see this room has some smoke or CO in it, you might want to check this out.  That gives you time to go to that room and see what is going on.  Maybe it is the electric heater turning on for the first time that fall and all the dust is burning off...