or Connect

Posts by Beerstalker

It appears exactly the same as if you swiped the card.  There is nothing different about how the payment gets posted to your account. When  you set up your credit card in Apple pay, your phone contacts the bank that issues your card and tells them your card number and who you say your are.  The bank then replies to the phone and verifies that the information is correct and tells your phone a certain formula to use to creat one time use credit card numbers that will be tied...
My guess is that the companies getting MFI certification for their controllers are getting licenses to these patents as part of that certification/fee.   Now if there are companies out their making controllers like this that aren't MFI certified, then yes I could see Apple going after them for patent violations now.
That is what he is saying, people will prefer ApplePay in the long run because it uses your credit cards so you get those perks. He is saying that MCX and the others that don't use credit cards will not be popular with people because then they won't be getting the perks from their credit card companies for those purchases.  MCX works more like a debit card, taking money directly from your checking account, which is what Walmart/Best Buy want because they are trying to...
 Ha ha ha, ok, maybe not way bigger than 12".  But if  you assume a 1" bezel all the way around it comes out to about a 15.6" screen. Now if those are the smaller 100x38 (4"x1.5") forks it would look to be about 8"x12" in size.  So if you had a 1" bezel all the way around it would end up with about a 6"x10" screen, or 11.7" diagonal.  1/2" bezel would be 7"x11", for a diagonal of 13".  So I guess if those are 4"x1.5" forks it could make sense.
Most fork truck forks are 150x50 (6"x2").  To me that means this mould would be for something about 12" x 16".  That seems like it would be for something with a screen way bigger than 12".
Sorry but  you are wrong.  Most of these have built in radio, CD/DVD players, Navigation, bluetooth, video inputs, etc. Looks like I was right with my post earlier, we are going to start seeing a lot more Carplay enabled aftermarket units coming out.  Kenwood only announced one it looks like but I bet they come out with more later and the DDX9902S is just the top of the line so they put it out first.
 This is rediculous.  You can't expect something like Carplay to be available everywhere as soon as it is announced.  Car manufacturers put years into development of new vehicles, so it takes time to get stuff like this implemented.  This is why we haven't seen it in as many new cars so far, it must be a little bit more difficult to get the software up and running on the current head units that the manufacturers are using so they are taking a bit more time to get it...
 Go ahead and get back in the car if you want to., all you have to do is touch something to ground yourself and discharge the static before you grab the gas nozzle.
My Discover card has been compromised twice in the last year or two.  It has been a big hasssle for me, and I really wish Discover would get off their duff and sign up with Apple Pay.  I have also had one Mastercard, and one Visa compromised, so a total of 4 times for me personally in the last 15 years or so.   Not all credit card companies cover 100% of fraud, I believe some can and do charge $50.  I believe most debit cards charge $50.   Yes the new card does come in...
I carry mine in my front left pants pocket every day, and it's in there most of the day.  Sometimes at work if I know I'm going to be at my desk for an extended period of time I will take it out and prop it up on my desk so I don't have to keep taking it in and out of my pocket to check email/texts (I did the same thing with my iPhone 5 before it), but if I get up to go anywhere it goes right back in my pocket. Over 6 weeks of ownership now, and no bends with this kind of...