or Connect

Posts by Beerstalker

That is what the article states, but I believe the $4 cost they are using is for the old 30 pin connector.  It sounds like they don't know how much the cost for using the lightning connector or creating a game controller is.  I would assume that it would probably work the same way though, if the case manufacturer wanted to put a female lightning port on their product they would have to pay twice, once for the male lightning connector, and once for the female.  It could be...
1)  When I used to work 5 minutes from home that was what I did too, but now it is much too time consuming to run home and back, and I can't take days off all the time anymore for stuff like this now that I have a child (need to save paid days off for when she is sick).  If it is a bigger company like DirecTV, or our internet provider then yes I do stay home or go home while the work is done. 2)  Yes living in a town this small definitely has its advantages.  Many around...
 Definitely. As it is right now I have to leave the door unlocked all day so they can get in. I've had workers replace 2 exterior doors, install a new water heater, work on the water softener, service the furnace, etc. all in the last 3 or 4 years, and each time we have to just leave the door unlocked all day while we are at work so they can get in to do the work.  I work about a half hour away from home so I can't just run home quick to let them in, and my wife works at a...
Why can't any of these companies make a double cylinder version?  My doors have windows in them, so a single cylinder deadbolt is pretty much worthless because all someone has to do is break the window and they can open the door.   I do like that this one can be controlled remotely from a phone if you get the bridge.  That would be very handy in cases like the HVAC repairman or plumber is coming to work on something, you don't have to leave the door unlocked or give them...
I agree with the others, they do seem pretty nice, and like a good idea, but they are overpriced, just like the thermostat.   These on Amazon are half the price and do just about everything the Nest ones do. http://www.amazon.com/Onelink-Wireless-Operated-Monoxide-SCO501B2/dp/B005FCA5W6   They are smoke and CO detectors, they communicate with each other over WiFi, they are available as hard wire or battery powered, they talk to you to tell you which room the problem...
  Because then we wouldn't have to wait forever for those content deals and Apple designed apps to get signed/created/added. If the Apple TV had an app store (and it's apps could be kept seperate just like the iPhone and iPad apps can be kept seperate) then the content providers could come up with their own apps, and submit them, and once approved we could get them on the Apple TV much quicker. Comedy Central, Adult Swim, TBS, TNT, Showtime, Cinemax, BBC iPlayer, and so on...
Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion he left the keys in the car?  He could have had remote start and left it running using the remote start and taken the keys with him.  I do this all the time in my truck.   Also it was 8:30 at night, I would say there was a good chance the kid was probably sleeping in the back seat, and that was why the dad didn't take him in.  Would you really wake your kid up to take them inside the store real quick?   As far as why he took...
 I don't think it is available yet, looks like it starts in October.
DirecTV does support the AppleTV, that is why HBO Go works with it.   The issue here is with ESPN.  They have to have an agreement with the channel provider that allows their customers to access Watch ESPN, and all the other streaming features.  ESPN refuses to sign agreements for this seperate from the overall agreement to carry their channels etc.  Since DirecTV and ESPN already have an agreement in place to carry the channels that was signed before Watch ESPN etc....
I have read that the HBO Go app should now be working for DirecTV subscribers.