or Connect

Posts by Beerstalker

This does not suprise me at all.  The 2014 aftermarket units have most likely had their designs ready for months now and are already in production since they usually get released in spring or early summer.  These companies aren't going to try to make last minute changes to try to implement CarPlay.  New cars however don't normally get released until late summer or early fall, that gives car manufacturers a lot more time to get their systems ready to go.  Not to mention...
 So you think that Amazon trying to start a competitor to Netflix (that charges customers $10/month) and Hulu Plus (that charges $8/month) isn't increasing Amazon's costs?  You think the streaming rights to all those movies and TV shows, as well as lending rights to the ebooks don't cost them anything?  Now Amazon is starting to get their own exclusive shows too, you think that doesn't cost anything?  These things are costing millions of dollars, and I am way more...
 I used the contact us link after going to the help page. Should be a yellow button on the right hand side of this page.http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=gw_m_b_he?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510
Quote: Just cancelled my Prime account effective the last day of my current membership. Then I sent Amazon an email telling them that I was unhappy about the increase and the bundled benefits. Said if they broke it up like I mentioned earlier I would resubscribe, but I won't pay more because of streaming and kindle borrowing that I don't use. Hopefully a lot more people do the same and Amazon considers splitting them.
I agree with Nofeer.  I am most likely cancelling my Prime membership over this.  I do not use the Prime streaming or eBook functions, which are likely the biggest reasons for this increase.  If Amazon were to break this up into a Prime shipping for $79 and Prime Streaming for $20, then I would gladly subscribe to Prime Shipping and they could keep getting my $79 a year.  As it is they are likely going to lose my $79 a year, rather than get an extra $20 from me.
The Volvo system looks pretty nice.  Like the guy said in it Siri is most likely how you are going to interact with Carplay the most, and he showed how it worked for some things.  My guess is it could have been used much more, but he also purposely used the touchscreen to show how it works also, without repeating the same tasks both ways.   Ferrari is known to have a horrible infotainment system (along with most of the other supercars).  These systems have pretty much...
That is what the article states, but I believe the $4 cost they are using is for the old 30 pin connector.  It sounds like they don't know how much the cost for using the lightning connector or creating a game controller is.  I would assume that it would probably work the same way though, if the case manufacturer wanted to put a female lightning port on their product they would have to pay twice, once for the male lightning connector, and once for the female.  It could be...
1)  When I used to work 5 minutes from home that was what I did too, but now it is much too time consuming to run home and back, and I can't take days off all the time anymore for stuff like this now that I have a child (need to save paid days off for when she is sick).  If it is a bigger company like DirecTV, or our internet provider then yes I do stay home or go home while the work is done. 2)  Yes living in a town this small definitely has its advantages.  Many around...
 Definitely. As it is right now I have to leave the door unlocked all day so they can get in. I've had workers replace 2 exterior doors, install a new water heater, work on the water softener, service the furnace, etc. all in the last 3 or 4 years, and each time we have to just leave the door unlocked all day while we are at work so they can get in to do the work.  I work about a half hour away from home so I can't just run home quick to let them in, and my wife works at a...
Why can't any of these companies make a double cylinder version?  My doors have windows in them, so a single cylinder deadbolt is pretty much worthless because all someone has to do is break the window and they can open the door.   I do like that this one can be controlled remotely from a phone if you get the bridge.  That would be very handy in cases like the HVAC repairman or plumber is coming to work on something, you don't have to leave the door unlocked or give them...