or Connect

Posts by aBeliefSystem

"It's articles like the one in USA Today that are responsible for the proliferation of this negative perception. " Seems high risk for USA today. Most of the money seems to flow the other way. Smackdowns are the norm too so it is either brave of just plain foolish.
Was there ever a time when news was not silver spoon sped? Inventing percentages without actual numbers can have many a meaning. It is just as bad as counting 5c's stuck on mall shelves as actual sales.
Yes, a bigger phone next year. They certainly gain more sales this way. Choice will only dilute things. Doing it this way they may find they also want next years model. And the next etc etc etc.
The prospect of a 4.7" 1280 x 720 in 2014 is quite hilarious. I supposed by removing 48 pixels of 768, at least you can't say it is modelled on the 2012 Nexus 4.
What screen resolution is the A7 phone got? I'm not quite sure what I can physically do with 64 bit.
I assume GPS now works in airplane mode. Or is this just marketing considering its a bit like the co-processor in Tegra 3 and 4 and many other chipsets. I also think the Kindle tablet has 2 Cortex M3 for a sort of M7a and an M7b.
The most important part is that it creates an exclusive, both for Apple and for their new coming gadgets. This means exclusive new software and a needed transition by customers over time, thus creating eventual necessity of a purchase upgrade. The fragmentation aspect as always is irrelevant. Non fragmentations causes problems of its own doing.
US corporate cash? I thought much of that cash originally belonged to those stupid suckers in the UK. Taxing thoughts.
BTW Big.little is just a variation of 'companion core'. Tegra 3 has it, the Kindle HD has it. Tegra 4 has it. Exynos big-little is just a very high specification variant.
I'm not sure of the reason for dissing the UK press considering the UK is one of the very few countries where Apple has decent market share. What I am finding interesting is the implications of the iPhone 5c non sale sales disaster. With as few as 9% of buyers wanting the 5c, can Samsung supply enough 64 bit chipsets to satisfy the increased 5s demand?