or Connect

Posts by MacGregor

Yes, and I like the arrows! I know the cloud icon is on the desktop image of iDisk and I know that Apple wants to become the definition of cloud computing for the rest of us, as I believe the iOS will enable, but it just needs to be a little more clear. I would like to have a button with all of my "cloud" files 'a la DropBox, and a button with all of my "cloud" apps and a button for all of my "cloud" devices (iPhones/iPodT's/iPads) 'a la the iTunes left side bar. Three...
I also don't think that Apple would make you press "start" to turn of a computer, but both are rather ambiguous buttons that don't necessarily tell a newbie what they do. I don't think of a "cloud" when I think of finding something files or applications on the internet. My mom wouldn't know what the "cloud" means. I like the HUD gray UI that comes up (I assume), but it isn't like the menu bar was cluttered with too many icons. I like the other simplifications, but I if...
I think MacOSX will continue to evolve and like everything else look more like iTunes, BUT I don't think they are going to converge the two products. Steve doesn't want to turn all Windows users into Mac users anymore. He wants to turn Windows users into iOS users. He should/will keep OSX powerful and securely tied to the laptop and desktop, while the whole new ecosystem of iOS develops - the first really post-operating system ecology. iOS is so walled off and...
Doesn't the cloud icon remind you of the Windows Start button?
Re the comment about accidently creating the best thin client ever ..Exactly. The iPad is the thin client for everyone who has no clue what a thin client is. It is my dad's computer. It is the first post-os computer - and that is no accident.
Actually it isn't a waste of time. I was sarcastic and condescending, but you have not said one thing of substance about anything of substance. You highlight two sentences and dismiss the rest. You substitute emoticons for rational argument. It is you who are avoiding the issue and pretending to be reasonable. Hopefully, even though I am sure this is annoying to everyone else, in some way this highlights the problem that we have as a nation to get beyond name calling...
And that is the give and take between the executive and judicial branches of the government. If the executive branch doesn't try to act upon laws in the first place, there is no chance for the courts to make rulings.
Okay, I am really bored to be indulging you, but just in case you graduate from high school someday and actually become a productive member of society, I should make this really, really clear.Ah, you still haven't. Your response is a non-sequitur to my comment. That means you misunderstood what I said.We agree.Post #52 begins, "Hey, you lazy anti-government wannabees..." That was calling you a name, not putting you into a box - two different things. I may be incorrect...
I don't necessarily disagree with any of that except that monopolists can be very innovative themselves, but may illegally harm the freedom of the market as a whole to innovate. I believe MS obviously did that and I believe they did so with contracts and lawyers and not innovation. I believe Apple does innovate, is really the only current innovator, besides Google, and it has every right to create a device-centric walled garden if it wants to. My point is that it is far...
Ah, they are not being reported. That is all we can really know for now. Just like with Nike, MS and other industry leads, we only hear about the news worthy ones. If WalMart and Amazon are not being investigated, then you would have a point.