or Connect

Posts by VanFruniken

It would be nice PR if it would turn out that the whole design has been carried out on Macs.
What utter BS is this?If I can run my store more efficiently by operating a hi-tech cash register, rather than using an abacus, low and behold, the cash register may pay for itself.What if my hugely lower operating costs allow me to offer lower prices?Is this unlawful competition?My take is this: it would be an upside down world if eBooks would cause book prices to rise.We buy the information either in digital form with minimal distribution costs, or we pay for the...
Indeed, Apple's review system is fundamentally flawed for international users, in that the reviews and the rating are taken from the user's LOCAL app store. This is detrimental to the significance of the rating statistics (MUCH smaller samples) and filters out many reviews that otherwise may be relevant. Indeed, it seldomly happens that an app has merely local relevance. I can understand that some users have little command of the English language, so some OPTIONAL amount...
Apple has championed the iPhone experience not being smudged by apps installed by the carriers. With ONE EXCEPTION, namely the tethering configuration in System Preferences. It should be noted that the tethering restriction is carrier dependent. It just plainly doesn't exist in many countries.
... given that all recent macs and any other computers(*) that might include Thunderbolt can be connected to a single connector, waiting to be inserted into *any* portable. As far as versatiliy goes, the physical matching requirements for a single connector are far less stringent than (and hence superior to) those of a physically matching dock (maybe a perfect fit to just 1 laptop or mobile device).(*)Great opportunity for the "others", but are there more compelling...
Very little connection with a companies' health. Only with how eager banks will be willing to lend you money. Problem is: Apple doesn't quite need the banks so much as the others. The "markets" are basically computer programs that anticipate stuff on the basis of what other computer programs might do. Hence the knee-jerk reactions that aren't based on any well-thought-out reasoning (think: understanding of how Apple ticks). I remember well, when Apple was still using PPC...
I sure hope they include a Centronics parallel printer port.
In Europe, we pay approx. €10/mo for a basic package of cable content (not including the internet connection). (€10=$14) at 2 programs per night, that would amount to $6*30/mo=$180 !!!!!
Good thinking.What we need is more choice to better compete with the other"s".7.1 in, 7.9 in, 8.9 in, 9.7 in, 10.1 in, such that the consumers are not "locked down" by the few existing "proprietary" (read: "closed") form factors.And most of all, all kinds of aspect rations, especially the very elongated ones. What a great opportunity to offer even more choice!
I wonder on what body parts he is carrying those 10 phones. They must feel like hot potatoes in his pocket(s), especially when at a distance from the nearest cell tower.