or Connect

Posts by VanFruniken

You miss the point entirely, so it seems. People also want to have a native look and feel.Maybe this is still partly the case for Windows users (and for Linux users who are trying so hard to live in a Windows-lookalike environment), but it certainly doesn't apply to Mac users.But more importantly, many Flash developers try to force yet another set of GUI "conventions" (and an inconsistent one at that) down the surfer's throat. In fact, one never knows what to expect on...
It is not like all consumers are fully informed or are capable to understand the importance of a proper ecosystem, let alone ease of use. All they care about is: the looks, the price (not so favorable for the Xoom), their PC-loving/Apple-bashing/familyITsupport cousin's advice.
The fact that other brands may have a decreased need of foxconn's resources, in fact FREES production capacity for Apple, something which comes in handy given the expected iPad2 boom. Oh well, the current dip will only make the upswing bigger. Unfortunately it isn't the guys who play it nicely who will be benefiting most.
... is the "Big Apple". How much will they pay New York to acquire control of thát name? Yeah, seriously, what do they need those logos for? Maybe just to be sure there won't be any more litigation...
Seriously, the Smurf game should be banned from the app store, even with the new protection, which I applaud.I really don't understand the gamers who so adamantly defend this game. It is a devious scam. Top grossing but not for the right reasons (too expensive add-ons, misleading). Unfortunately true, but I am just wondering what part of the proceeds have been accidental? I bet with the new relogin policy, they may not remain top-grossing.
As a free developer, this is the first time Apple made me pay for XCode updates. Not that $4.99 is a lot. I can understand that they kept the free developers from downloading the XCode beta, because there would have been even more leaks that were contrary to the NDA.Still, Apple shouldn't target this large class of developers who actively contribute to add value to the platform, e.g., to lock their company into using Cocoa apps.
Apple should first require Canon to clean up its act as far as neglected scanner drivers go.
Who cares if Nintendo sells less in the traditional titles. It still has the Wii, which is wildly successful, and, as far as I know, is still its own niche. Let them further develop that, or someone will catch up and overtake them.
Meritocracy is good, but the good apps are hard to find among all the lesser apps...The trouble is that the AppStore app has several shortcomings- it is buggy (filter options lock up -- and why does the GUI use regular buttons for dropdown menus? It almost looks like a Windows port as far as user unfriendlyness and unexpected behavior is concerned)- it fails to provide useful and detailed searching.- it filters the reviews (as does iTunes) according to the store one is in....
In order to be able to lower its prices, Samsung will have to replace certain parts by cheaper ones.