or Connect

Posts by VanFruniken

I disagree with the Apple sales estimate of 33.7 million iPads put forward by Reitze in that I predict the number of iPads sold in the same period to be 33.712958 million (give or take 5 million)
Another reason to hold a small event is to re-emphasize the existence of the new apple TV, for all those countries where it hasn't been introduced yet.
Microsoft can't go on using one-time techniques to embellish its quarterly results. The eventual downfall will just be worse when it finally happens.
I have a suggestion for the next MacOSX update, having to do with user reviews on the Mac App store and the iOS App store (and partly also the remaining stuff on iTunes) Apple requires me to make purchases on the Belgian store. Compared to the US population of over 300 million, Belgium's 10 million inhabitants constitute a 30 times smaller market for Apple's iTunes/App Stores. Unfortunately, this means that I can see 30 times fewer app previews, and the app ratings...
They should have kept the $15 plan as well. Most people hardly exceed 100-200MB/month. So for them, if only the new plan is available, it actually doubles the price. They will be paying for those who more fully use the unlimited plan. I am all for unlimited plans, but people should realize that US tariffs are silently increasing in this booming market, while, e.g., in Europe, they are rather declining. In Spain you can get 1-2GB for €10/mo on a prepaid card (Yoigo),...
I read here ...LG is committing to developing 50 new Windows Mobile phones by the end of 2012... That's 2 models/month they need to build while being already tired of Windows 7. This will seriously drain LG's resources for migrating to something non-Windows. Once they start migrating, though, we may actually see 3-4 LG phone models/month ! Which brings me to my main point: Why so many models? Apple only needs 1(exceptionally, 1.5) models/year to deliver. After...
Apparently, the Verizon customers you are talking about refrain to go to Western Europe and many other countries in the world because their phone only does CDMA.
Obviously, those iPhones should include (beside CDMA) also "GSM" capability to allow for connectivity almost anywhere else in the world. I even expect future iPhones, sold by AT&T, to include CDMA, if only to keep the product line simple (CDMA capability in one or two additional countries may not be the main consideration).
I hope that companies such as Omnigroup will take the hint. Even for their iOS version they are currently charging more than what is customary for desktop shareware.If they ever want to achieve the high sales volumes that indeed may be possible, they should shape up and adapt their prices to the new ecosystem.If the idea takes off, in the future, we may not have to pay twice (once for the desktop and once for iOS) for software such as Pages, Keynote, etc..Hint, hint,...
Let it be known that Mobistar's contract with Apple in Belgium only involves selling the iPhone. It is unlocked and can be used anywhere. They are NOT an exclusive provider, although they offer a (a wee bit expensive) plan taylored to the iPhone. You don't have to change carriers and in fact what I do with my prepaid Base (Belgian subsidiary of KPN) SIM is to add a data plan 500MB/1mo whenever I expect to be out-of-WiFi-range. True, the main point of the article...