or Connect

Posts by VanFruniken

Exactly, $45/mo is way too much. I only spend approx €10/mo on calls and another €5/mo on 50MB (the unused portion of which is carried over, so I have approx 500MB data to use). If my data runs out, I top up with another €10 which gets me 500MB. So I spend €15-€20/mo. Granted, I don't make many calls, but since most of my correspondents have an iPhone, I do a lot of texting, which costs me nearly nothing. I could go to another provider and get 2GB/mo for €15, with calls...
What bothers me immensely is that Apple doesn't even provide interoperability between iChat and FaceTime. iPhone 3GS doesn't have FaceTime (not even a pared-down version of it).   The first thing Apple should do is make ALL its devices interoperable. The entire OSX + iOS scene is a good start to gain some critical mass.   The current fragmented iChat + Facetime scene isn't
Same here in Belgium. Only about 60% of the US services are available (no TV-shows --local or otherwise-- at all; Hulu, even Hulu proper doesn't seem to be available outside the US, even though we live in a global world with US ex-pats and enthusiasts all over the place).   The advantage of having TV-channels is of course one is no longer dependent on the transmission times. One just chooses whatever is available on some service ("channel").   My suggestion for a...
Next, I hope Apple will FINALLY add the same feature to its wireless mice and keyboards, namely the possibility to charge via a temporary USB connection.
Time to quickly register a few trademarks sounding like names of cats.
Even though it may not be fully kosher, I have tried running Tiger and Leopard under VirtualBox on Lion. It works, and has the advantage that you don't have to reboot. Sucks up more resources than a Wine-like API would do, though. Having lots of memory helps -a lot. But I could still run Rosetta apps if I wanted to, or build legacy java/Obj-C apps with XCode 2.5. One could use the technique to quickly migrate java code to Obj-C, without having to live days and weeks with...
Shouldn't that be 180 degrees? Turning the tables over 360 degrees isn't really a big change 
I am just afraid that with the new configurable security settings, a new kind of social engineering attack will see the light. Malicious apps may generate nag alerts on purpose, intending the user to get tired at some point and relax the sandboxing security settings.
I hope they made him sign some kind of NDA, or at least some kind of agreement to restrain him from making random statements about SJ in the media (which turn out to only feed the FUD around AAPL's stock value). At least till the movie is released.
If such a deal would take off, it would certainly administer a significant blow to Samsung's TV business (more than a set-top aTV box, which would work WITH Samsung TVs).   I still do believe that Apple is just working with major TV suppliers to incorporate (or allow attachment in a recess ) of the appleTV, negociating strict compliance with e.g., remote controls, or with Apple's iOS remote control strategy (e.g., a smart iPad app, as for Loewe, a far cry from...