or Connect

Posts by Kung Fu Guy

Does Steve B always have to speak to the media? He does have Vps and pr people. Get somebody. Anybody. Steve Jobs lets Phil, Tim, and Johnathan speak for apple.
I'm of chinese decent, raised in Canada. I haven't heard the use of that word often, I don't find it racist. But it is a colonial term that's out of touch with a multicultural society we live in. Oriental and Asian seems to be a catch all phrase. North American, european, hispanic, south asian isn't much better to describe a large and diverse ethnic group. I understand some would take offence to it. I still see the use of the word in signage in the west and east by...
Why does it NOT have the same body as the iphone4? It would simplify manufacturing and efficiency. The new body is thinner but essentially the same tired design. Sub-megapixel pics and no flash. What good is HDR pics with inferior camera. What year is this? 1999?
Thanks for the sound explanation. Stupid and wasteful indeed.
I have many plugged in devices that are never truly OFF. Even though lights are off and there is no activity. These devices are still very warm to the touch. From modems, routers, decoder boxes etc..... I have an Seagate external backup drive I use with time machine. It works flawlessly. However, it seem to never shut down. When the mac is off, the drive still has the fan blowing endlessly. I turn the manual switch to OFF and the drive is still warm. The only...
MS's strategy is asinine. They got bitch slapped by those Get a Mac ad for years and most importantly they are losing mind share with young people, so they feel a need to respond. Why does a 800lb gorilla with 90% of the market need to respond to any competitor? Does Coke respond to Pepsi? Pepsi is the perennial number 2. They are the upstart rebel. Coke keeps on chugging along doing whats best for them. It makes MS look very insecure of their position. Like the...
Quit attacking Ballmer! He's done a excellent job for..............Apple! He should stay.
I asked apple for something like this, but attached to the keyboard with number pad. I think it will sell in respectable numbers. Not in iphone numbers. But when the masses see this pad they'll think it's a drawing/writing pad. It will be a lot of dissappointment and I don't blame them for feeling so. Apple will need to educate people about its pros and cons. I bought the MBP because 10.6 and the trackpad support chinese input with your finger input. Now imac and...
I just installed Crossover 9 on my mac to my utter surprise the damn thing actually works! Crossover allows you to run PC software WITHOUT windows. No windows, no partitions, no bootcamp, no bloatware, no virtualization, no MS. I ran some generic photo editing software that came with my camera. I managed to view, edit, and print from it. You can even place the pc icon in the dock. Crossover does not officially support this program. Has anyone tried Crossover 9? ...
AppleĀ’s Paradoxical Approach to Business by John Martellero http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...h_to_Business/ Good read! Judging by the article, apple is by nature unfriendly to business. "Apple's response to business is this: here is the product we're selling today. Take it or leave it. But you will love it." I don't think apple has a serious bone in its body to take on business at all.