or Connect

Posts by Kung Fu Guy

Apple’s Paradoxical Approach to Business by John Martellero http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...h_to_Business/ Good read! Judging by the article, apple is by nature unfriendly to business. "Apple's response to business is this: here is the product we're selling today. Take it or leave it. But you will love it." I don't think apple has a serious bone in its body to take on business at all.
This is another half hearted attempt by apple to woo businesses. If you read John Martellero at MacObserver, apple will never fully woo businesses. Big business restricts apple's freedom. Your local network of mac consultants is your only bet. I've seen some consultants with associations with the independant store. Although the indie stores are better suited to handle business users, they are going out of business! Apple should put priority to certain sectors of...
Apple makes awful mouse. But doubt its the end for the apple mouse. MagicMouse was released last year.
My 15" Powerbook G4 867 just died from a hard drive failure after 7 years!. It only had 512 mb and ran 10.5.8. 1. Playback of internet video will be slow/choppy if not impossible. 2. 512mb is not enough for leopard. 1gb is neccessary. I bought used ram and it died. 3. Leopard is G4 867 limit. Doesn't do Snow Leopard. 4. Not sure about heat. But my 15" fan ran loud and frequently when taxed. Like when loading a cd. I hate to say it, but you bought a lemon. It's...
Is there a long term fix for the iphone4? The free bumper and case is a band aid solution.
That's 7 freaking years!!! My only computer for the last 7 years finally had a fatal hard drive failure. It was slow, low on ram, played video choppy, survived on usb1 for ages, no wifi, but it ran 10.5.8. With not a single cent spent on repairs. I did have a kernel panic that apple diagnosed. In 2003, I spent $3300.00 can. For that kind of money I felt I spent too much and didn't get enough value. I still feel that way today. I replaced it with a 17" i5...
No, it is not checked off.
I have Safari open at startup. Safari does open, but it does not open a window. How do i fix this? Seems kind of dumb move from apple.
Just how receptive are the chinese to macs? They're so accustomed to Windows pirateware that you can buy it on a street corner. Will they acutally buy software? Or just load Windoze? I think Apple has a difficult job of selling the mac advantage to the chinese. It would require educating the customer more so than in the US. Having been to china, I noticed some cultural behaviors dealing with customers in general. During my stay, I was witness to several displays...
Does balmer speak like an idiot ALL the time? Or just when he's on stage. He's speaking to the masses, maybe he has to dumb it down to be understood? Joh Martello sums up Balmer really well: A feature of Mr. Ballmer’s speaking style is that he takes a plain-folk approach. He does that because he’s the leader of 90+ percent of personal computer users. He has to be plain spoken and all inclusive in his chosen deceptions. To some, however, mostly on the opposition side,...