or Connect

Posts by Kung Fu Guy

My powerbook G4/10.5.8 regularly crashes a few minutes after startup. It's fine after a reboot. What gives? I can't figure out what's wrong. Help?
I'm sick of this! Why doesn't apple give us Blueray and HDMI for god's sake?! Why expensive adapters? HDMI is a common standard. Blueray is almost a standard. Stop dickking us around. The usual answers to this question is: Apple knows best. Apple doesn't follow others. Go buy a PC. Not good enough! We've waited years for a SD card reader. Do we need to wait a decade for Blueray and HDMI?
I had the privy of overhearing a casual conversation about the ipad at a coffee shop today. It sounded much like the cries, rants, hate found all over the internet of late. I think Apple has finally touched a nerve among the technorati. Paraphraing here: "Apple has gone too far this time. Dismissed as a maker to toy devices. They're shoving this crap down our throuts! They're taking money out of my pockets!" The IT wizards are threatened by apple's philisophy of...
I'd buy one of those! Did you know Snow Leopard supports Chinese handwritting input. Requires a multitouch trackpad. That leaves out all desktop macs. Third party stylus and software can turn the trackpad into a small drawing pad. I've asked apple to make one of those keyboards. http://www.apple.com/feedback/
Never! Apple never does things because you want them. Sad fact. I want one too. This is so anti-productive. Why doesn't apple see it in front of its face is beyond conprehension. Apple will give you features and then take them away. And bring them back calling it a new feature. That's apple. A number pad is as ubiquitous as scotch tape. I want a full size bluetooth with multitouch pad for chinese input. Oh well I can dream.
I own a G4 Powerbook that is plugged into the wall outlet. The battery long since died and I never replaced it. The powerbook was mostly used as a desktop machine and plugged in most of the time. Unbeknown to me I could have extended the life of the battery by removing it and placing it in storage. The battery kept cycling while plugged in. Thus shortening its life. All recent macbooks have sealed batteries that can't be removed. How do you extend the battery's...
Snow leopard needs to support 3rd party pen tablets. Chinese input only works with SL and mulitouch trackpads. That leaves out the imac, mini, and mac pro. The flagship imac is less productive and does not have features parity with its notebooks. Yes, notebooks outsell desktop macs. Finger based input is not the ideal solution for long documents. Imagine the fatigue! Couriers, post office and delivery people use a stylus pen. The pen is still mightier. The best...
The magic mouse is a piece of crap! I've tested it out. This is the case where apple has engineered a solution looking for a problem. It's over-engineered for a relatively simple pointing device. It's form over function. Multi-touch is a gimmick. Finger swiping gives you less control than a wheel. The two finger swipe controls forward/backward in Safari doesn't work well. It"s aggravating. Requires too much effort and is not sensitive. Two finger touch requires...
I'm in a similar situation as the poster. I'm looking to replace my aging g4 powerbook. I disagree with the belaboured luxury car analogy. Apple prices its mac at luxury prices, but they are not luxury by any standard. Apple is not making hand made luxury furniture, hand bag, cars etc.......It's a computer. Under the hood the parts are the same as the other OEMs. It's this snobbish and elitist attitude that drives people away and does not serve apple well. Apple...
The art easel imac is a tired design. It's been around since the white imac. I expected apple to retire it. The evolution of the imac has run into a brick wall. The refinements are a big whoop! Guess this imac will be around for another 4 years. Sigh.