or Connect

Posts by bluefunkybassman

Just thought I would tell you what I actually did in the end..... I noticed that Apple had the previous generation top-end BTO iMac, the i7 2.93, in the refurb store for £1289. This has now disappeared, so one really needs to strike while the iron's hot. This was far too good an opportunity to miss out on, as it beats the current best i5 by some margin performance-wise, and even the graphics performance is far better than the current 2.7GHz i5 I was looking...
Very many thanks for your comprehensive reply, Marvin. That gives me a lot to chew on. I think I agree with you that I'd prefer the 27". I don't think I could afford the i7, so I'll take a look at your links re video cards and decide which i5 to get. The price difference is pretty big just for a better gfx card....
Hi guys, Am hoping to get a 27-inch iMac shortly to add to my 2007 MB. Am slightly struggling over which one to get. From the looks of benchmarks, there is very little difference at all between the relative performance of the 2.7 and 3.1 GHz chips (in fact, on some single core tasks, the 2.7 is actually faster!). So it really comes down to how important it is to have the better graphics card. I'm not really a big gamer, and probably won't become one. However, I...