or Connect

Posts by Armas

Hello I am currently in Argentina and ofcourse the plugs that came with my Powerbook doesnt fit in the Poweroutlets here. The Voltage and Hertz is ok, (220 and 50) its just the plug that is different. So I go to a electric-store and ask for a transformer, but they say that I need a special one because the Powerbook needs 65W. So, Is it possible to go into a local apple dealer and just change the small piece with the sticks on the powercord-whitebox that I usually...
Thank you, that is a good advice. What was the name of that girl again? Also, I think I can remember something about her having a sister i NY? yes? Should be possible to get a similar deal somewhere in NewYork me thinks. Armas
Hello. I am passing through New York next week when travelling from Norway and want to buy an powerbook when I am there (I know the timing sucks with the book about to be updated and all but this is my only chance, i dont have time to wait). So if I walk into an Applestore, will they have powerbooks there ready that I can pay for and take with me? Or are they always built after ordering and then picked up later? And, will I get an ADC-student discount on purchases...
Is there an apple online store in Argentina? When I go to the argentinian apple store I cant find a store-tab. Why? Armas
Thanks for replies. the point is that I want the tibook, but cant wait any longer, so I cant wait for further pricedrops or new models. Concerning CAD on MAC. I dont use microstation or Autocad, I use FormZ and want to learn MAYA. Btw. Autocad is on its way to mac. Leaning towards the tibook, but I am really frustrated that they have'nt updated it yet. There is one last option but it has a few criterias: 1. Online apple store i Argentina (have'nt found it...
I am having a hard time deciding between the top Ibook model (14inch) and the 15 inch (current) powerbook. I cant wait for the new powerbook upgrade, I need a laptop NOW. I am primarily going to use it for CAD drawing in formz, a little photoshop and illustrator. Note that I say CAD drawing, not so much rendering. Super high speeds is not that essential. I know the powerbook is a better choice. BUT, Its higher priced and its soon to be outdated. So what do you say?...