or Connect

Posts by philgar

Talk about trolling... The linked article is about a Samsung executive who was caught evading taxes and pardoned.  It has nothing to do with the company's taxes.  I'm sure there have been apple employees who have cheated the government on their taxes (with as many employees as apple has, it's bound to have happened), but I wouldn't point at that and say that apple is cheating the government out of taxes.  A company is not responsible for every action their employees make,...
Honestly, it doesn't need a separate data plan on android.  All you do is set up your android device, and use a google voice number as your primary number.  Install the google voice application on a tablet, and assuming they don't have the retarded restrictions apple forced on the ios version of google voice, you can use it to answer your phone on your tablet.  I've started using google voice as my primary phone number, and it's great.  Right now the ios app on my ipad...
Battery technology is a problem, however there is an inherent danger with packing more battery storage into a smaller space, and no one wants to be liable for it. By design, batteries are designed to store an incredible amount of energy, that's great,as long as the energy input and output can be controlled.  And I don't mean controlled so that it works perfectly 99.99% of the time, but 100% of the time, in hot and cold weather, when it gets a little wet, when it gets...
Yes, it's obviously google's fault here... A giant company (with lots of money) is obviously willfully violating the law.  Doing something that computer savvy people can easily track and determine who's to blame.  I mean, spam is worth a lot of money, and it's not like the lawyers would launch a huge class action law suit against google for violating federal law.  Plus, no one from these companies would ever think that they're violating CANSPAM (or whatever law it is),...
What I find highly amusing is that after years of using (and loving) apple products, it is inconceivable to anyone on here that I'd want to leave their walled garden.  I have not attacked anyone on here, I have just said that I wish apple gave me choices, and didn't cram their default applications down my throat.  And yet, I'm getting attacked left and right on this forum (not just my beliefs about apple products, which you're welcome to attack, but personal attacks on...
Apple's complete control over iOS, is just one of the reasons I am in the process of leaving the iOS ecosystem.  I like google maps, apple maps aren't bad, but I want a choice... I can go to another application, but I can't set google maps as a default.  Same thing goes for my web browser.  Safari isn't bad, but I prefer the way chrome syncs across all my devices.  Yet, on my ipad I'm stuck using safari when I click on links from emails, or applications.  It's a real...
uh, am I the only one who thinks this headline is completely wrong. Nowhere in the text does it mention that Samsung's patent was invalid, but rather that "the European Commission found that Apple was a willing licensee of the patent and that injunctive relief against such a licensee amounted to abusive conduct." These lawsuits on both sides are just ridiculous, and amount to a colossal abuse of the court system. Both companies are acting like little children, pointing...
In bringing up google, you chose a VERY poor example.  Google was in china, but after being told what they had to censor, they left the market.  Google moved their servers from mainland china so that they didn't have to provide censorship for the dictators in charge.  In this example, google's principles (do no evil) were more important than the potential profit they could make from working with the human rights abusing government that is China.  If only more companies...
I'm not sure how informative any of this survey is.. it's effectively asking which cloud services do you know you use.  One big issue I have with this is that they don't mention google music at all.  I've been using that lately, and it works great for my entire music collection (and it's free, so I don't have to pay to access my own music collection as I'd have to do with apple or amazon).  Considering google music is installed on most android devices, and is so easy to...
Am i the first one to state the obvious: who cares what the device is made of!!! The vast majority of samsung and iphone users have cases on there phones, and done rally notice the material its made of. Were talking about de oces that cost over half a grand without rebates (well over that in the case of the iphone 5). Youd be stupid not to put a case on it. It doesnt matter how resilient the device is, they break. I was horrified to watch my new iphone 4 fall from my...