or Connect

Posts by lukei

:) ref Slurpy. Like the other person who's just chosen to add his valuable input to this thread.... I have a 2011 Mac Mini (2.3Ghz I think, definitely with 8gig RAM) it only runs iTunes as my 'Server' and does nothing else except connect to the iTunes on my NAS.  As an example on speed. If I type an artist name into the search box I then there is a noticeable delay before search results come. If I change the 'type' on files say from TV Show to Movie then I get the SPOD for...
@Slurpy. If that was the case then surely iTunes shouldn't allow libraries of a size it can't manage. However (and this also @silvershadow) it isn't the iTunes 'engine' that is the issue because iOS Apps and Apple TV enable quick access. It is access and management of the library through iTunes that is slow and clunky. The interface speed and intuitiveness needs a full revamp. Perhaps some form of expert mode that strips it back to basics?
Why is having more than 50K of music tracks so hard to comprehend. I have over 80K. All purchased either on LP, CD or digitally over a 26 year period. Some I listen to a lot, some very rarely and many not for several years. But now and then I do go back to albums I haven't listened to for a long time. It's my collection, I paid for it. Why shouldn't iTunes which is ridiculously clunky in its latest release be able to manage it?
ApplePay consists of two components. A NFC chip in iPhone 6/6+ (and watch when it comes) which enables payment in retail stores which support it. The other part is for Internet shopping and as well as iPhone 6/6+ is supported on IPad. For apps (and maybe sites I'm not sure) you will be able to pay via ApplePay using TouchID to confirm the purchase.
Look at the storage capacity differences. iOS has to work on as low as 8GB. Desktop OS Mobile OS
Like every other show of this type unless it is very niche and B2B then it is dying or dead. Companies used to wait until such events to launch products/services but now they get them out there globally as soon as they can.
User profiles wouldn't work. You have to control what music, what books, what apps, what emails, what keychain items etc would be available per profile.If you want a 'family ipad' then remove email accounts, disable keychain, don't have offensive music or other content on it and there you go.
The US$50M penalty number means very little, it's for shock purposes. If the supplier chose not to pay and to break the contract then Apple would have to prove consequential loss as a direct result of any information that was leaked being in the public domain. In some circumstances of course that loss might be more than US$50M.   However anyone signing a contract should read it and understand what they are signing.
I suggest you look into the various anti competitive action related cases that show how Intel kept AMD down
Parrot MKi 9200 car kit. Problem exactly as AI reports remains