or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Code:I really don't care what the shell is made of. It can be pressed horse shit for all I care, I just want a smaller phone, with modern tech, instead of the crap they are forcing down our throats now. Your denial that many of Apples customers are rejecting the large iPhones is perplexing. The new iPhines have certianly been a success biput that doesn't imply anything about the success potential for a modern smaller device.
The opportunity is in the massive customer base that doesn't want a brick in their pocket.Who says they would sell it for $99. More importantly do they want to loose customers that aren't interested in phablets but yet want a modern cell phone.Nope, I'm asking them to modernize the niche occupied by the iPhone 4 sized devices.You make an assumption here that price equals quality! Unfortunately that has never been the case. It is very possible for Apple to do high...
Actually it appears that Intel has put its yield issues behind them. If there are yield issues (a big IF) it isn't Intels hardware. The reality is we here this nonsense about yield issues with every new Apple product of late. Any new production system has a ramp up time involved as bugs are worked out. That includes new components for the device and and the device itself.
Only if you assume that it will cost $99 out of the box.Not really! If the model pays for itself in the end it is profit for Apple. I really don't think it will have a problem paying for itself.It is all about volume, as long as Apple can move the volume required they can make a cell phone Oay for its development costs and have it generate a profit. Fixating on a specific price is non sense as Apple would price it properly for the way they intend to market...
It isn't so much a truth as a preference. I much prefer my iPad and old iPhone 4 over these massive devices that Apple now ships. For those that find the iPhone sixes good enough for ther needs I have no problem with them. I do have a problem with those that can't recognize the value in a smaller cell phone.It works for me! However I don't expect it to work for everybody and as such I wouldn't call them cheap if they reject a smaller iPhone.A smaller phone that...
Actually this isn't always the case.I don't think anybody is expecting a massive battery, however logic board wise we haven't really seen much growth of late in board size. Each generation of components also packers more functionality into the same space.Your logic here is extremely perplexing. By definition to get the same functionality into a smaller phone you need smaller and more functional components. I can actually see Apple using more custom chips not less in...
That is fine for you but many of us don't want a massive cell phone it is actually a big negative. As such there is no reason for Apple not to keep a modern small iPhone in production. Modern here being something with a 64 bit processor, Touch ID and the other goodies.Just as the 11" MBA doesn't detract for the slaes of the MBP nor would this small phone have a significant impact on the larger iPhone. In the end Apple would just have overall more sales. How do I...
Hey maybe I can milk my iPhone 4 until September of next year. I have no desire to carry a brick around in my pants. Mainly because there is no room, a smaller iPhone allows room for important stuff.
Apple would do well to expand their product range when it comes to laptops. This 12" machine could be a another brand that comes in under the market position of the MBA's. This way they can continue to improve the MBA with the same power profile chips leading to much higher performance MBA.Contrary to popular belief in this forum MBA could use all the performance gains Broadwell can offer. So I really think Apple should stuff a 15 watt Broadwell chip in the current...
What does yield rate have to do with solid and reliable? They could be talking about Intels 14 nm Chips or other hardware. Or they could be talking about any number of other components. Especially in Apples case with the LCD screen, yields are traditionally low here.