or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Why? IPad has always supported an external keyboard and frankly has done well with that support.Actually I'm hoping that Apple pulls head from ASS here and considers the needs of users. A port, accessible to programmers without the MiFi program, would allow far more application to be built. Especially the one offs so common in a modern plants.
These days even 32 GB in an iPhone is nothing. To solve your marketing problem all they need to do is move the second model to 128 GB and the upper tier to 256 GB. As for cost, the 16GB chip in iPhone goes for less than $9. Considering Appplesvolumes probably a lot less.
The problem is or was that you aren't paying $99 for 64 GB you paid $99 for 32 GB of extra Flash. With the latest line up things are a bit different but you get the idea.A ripoff is a ripoff no matter how wealthy you are.Not really, in the end the market determines value. It would actually be interesting to know what Apples mix is with a 16GB unit still in the mix.
Why is it that everybody assumes this is an Apple Watch focused event? People willing to buy the watch or even the IPad Pro will not have an issue with disposable income. Beyond that a slow roll out is better than having production jammed up for four months like it was with the iPhone.
The only way it is remotely possible is if they are going after something new technology wise. Other wise screens that size are a done deal.
To blame it on the display is really reaching as it is. It is hard to imagine something unique about the display causing issues. Retina is pretty much a done deal in this size screen.
I suspect the day isn't too far off that we will loose interest in the GPU in these devices. In Qualcomm 820 for example they are adding cognitive computing hardware. In Apples case the move to 14 nm offers them a lot of die space for other functionality even while improving the CPUs and GPUs. It will be interesting to see Apples approach here.
The automobile industry is also different in that they have always had stiff competition to deal with. I suspect this is why we are seeing more rational comments being made by these executives.This isn't really a big deal as many of the suppliers to the auto industry are independent businesses. You need bearings you go to a bearing manufacture, struts or shocks a shock manufacture, tires a rubber manufacture and it goes on and on. The chassis is a different story of...
I'm addressing the amount of automation already in an airplane. It is pretty extensive and frankly impressive for a good portion of the journey most planes are on autopilot already. The point being Airplanes are far closer to being fully automated than an automobile and they operate in a far easier environment for automation.You can do so but there really is no justification here.Actually they are noisy because it increases safety. People that don't look atleast run...
Having spent a few hours in Detroit I've gotten the impression that those involved in the auto industry are a lot smarter than they are often given credit for. This industry is nothing like what Apple dabbles in as there is no clear cut market leader in every segment. Competition is very real and strong in the auto industry and frankly this makes for a good development ground for strong and wise leadership teams. Also there is al sorts of tech to consider in making an...