or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Apple would do well to expand their product range when it comes to laptops. This 12" machine could be a another brand that comes in under the market position of the MBA's. This way they can continue to improve the MBA with the same power profile chips leading to much higher performance MBA.Contrary to popular belief in this forum MBA could use all the performance gains Broadwell can offer. So I really think Apple should stuff a 15 watt Broadwell chip in the current...
What does yield rate have to do with solid and reliable? They could be talking about Intels 14 nm Chips or other hardware. Or they could be talking about any number of other components. Especially in Apples case with the LCD screen, yields are traditionally low here.
This is so easy! The 12" machine becomes the "small" machine, a 14" machine replaces the 13" machines and a 16" machine replaces the 15" laptop. By significantly reducing bezel size this could happen without wildly increasing macIne physical size. A bit of playing with aspect ratio might help too.In any event I really like the idea of a line up including 12", 14" & 16" screen sizes. Apple would need technology to produce machines with almost no in active bezel areas....
If even half these features are true I won't be buying. First; Apple doesn't need a high end MBA.As for me a machine with fewer ports would be asinine.
It certianly would be nice to know where the A8 tops out clock rate wise. I suspect that Apple keeps the clock rate as low as possible to limit power usage. On to of that I understand that it runs on what is TSMC low power process, I really don't know where that process tops out either. However imagine the same basic architecture running on a performance targeted process and that chip hitting say 2.5 to 3 GHz. It would certainly be an interesting development.Last I...
I don't.It is impressive that Apple has come as far as it has so quickly. However let's be realistic here iPad is basically ATOM class performance right now, that is Intels lowest end processors. As such Apple has a long ways to go yet.I would hope so. However Intel appears to be far more willing to do custom chips and as such they mightnworkmwith Apple to deliver a custom i86 chip for Apples Mac hardware. In the end it really doesn't matter for me but many many...
A production line is a production line, it runs the process it was set up to run.I have no idea what you are talking about here. Apple has moved forward with every iPhone release.Get a grip on yourself! To go to 14 nm Samsung needs to retool its factories for the new processes. That means tearing out the old lines and installing the new to the extent required. You can not run production while doing this.Samsung and Apple are basically partners here. They...
Another process shrink should provide plenty of room for the modem processor. However Apple could buy the IP from Qualcomm or come up with their own. It wouldn't be irrational for them to make an IP purchase here to move forward with integration real fast. Power savings would be a real benefit as would be the space savings. Space is a huge issue in most IOS devices. More space would allow for more flash, sensors or other features.
Seriously guy do you realize how confused the last bit above makes you look. You claim that there are no apps out there to take advanatge of the new hardware yet you are running on an iPad that can't handle most new software. You even acknowledge that it has degraded to being an Evernote platform.I have nothing agian still using hardware for as long as I can, I currently have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4. However I don't allow self deception here and fully acknowledge...
I don't buy this statement. Some of the games out there for example are using the features ofIPad fairly fully.Software always lags hardware. So new features and performance takes time to exploit. However apps are already taking advantage of new hardware/software features like metal.There really isn't that much to spare.IOS already multitasks to an extent. Multi user support (which would be absolutely stupid) requires high storage capacity not better performance.It...