or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Well you have a point there. However with this release it just looks a bit awkward, the high end machine does not significantly improve the CPU/GPU over the midrange model. I believe that is due to Intel just not having the solution Apple wanted.Let's face it a lot of Mini users could have easily justified a quad core. I mean with sound technical reasoning, not some of the techno lust we see here. On the flip side there are way to many that would chase after a...
Well yeah but they can't even get Broadwell out.
I'm not talking about specific numbers here. Rather I see the opportunity to get the next big boost in performance out of the Air by keeping it a 15 watt or so machine. The jump to 5 watts and a potential loss of performance just doesn't appeal to me. Honestly with Haswell the Airs just got interesting to me. A fanless Air that doesn't move performance forward would be a significant mistake in my mind.Maybe in another product but like I said the Airs have just become...
While this happens all the time in industry something just doesn't add up here. You don't build out a massive factory until the process is proven in some manner.It isn't really that one sided of a contract. It is the norm to lock your suppliers in with material penaltiesThe funny thing here is this, if the process doesn't work then what value do the furnaces have. GT wants to sell this stuff to repay Apple but who would buy the machines if they don't work. If the...
Somebody was busy at the keyboard.Honestly I'm more interested in a higher performance Air rather than a lower power unit. In other words I'd rather see Apple stay in the 12 - 15 watt range and deliver the extra performance.A more rational line up would be nice. I still like the idea of 12, 14 & 16" sized machines. Sadly if they go to the low wattage stuff in the Airs that will mean we will likely need a 14" MBP for those of us looking for better performance. ...
As far as GPU's go it is a little early to project what will be the best choice. Who knows maybe Apple will avoid discreet GPU's. If they do go with a discreet GPU I suspect it will be an AMD chip.Why AMD? For one the Mac Pro drivers about which you hear very little in the way of complaints. Also AMD seems to be on the same page as Apple when in comes to the future of GPU's and how they interact with hardware.
Not if you read what I posted carefully. My point is Apple has hardware that could go into a laptop if they really wanted. Further with some minor tweaking it would reduce the concerns the original poster had about performance.In a nut shell A8X is more impressive than people want to admit.
I'm not sure you are serious here!It is be far the best update to the IPad yet. If you don't understand that then you have a very very poor ability to deal with facts.Sure you can. Simply having more RAM will do wonders for new innovative apps.Mac OS does multitask. Trying to say it doesn't just makes you look foolish. The background capabilities are limited by design but that is just good design in an ultra mobile platform. Beyond that iOS 8 has added many new...
The funny thing here is that the longer I own my IPads the more I mis standard ports. With PC hardware I always recycled old equipment into project machines. Sadly this is hard to do with the base IOS hardware. Think about it a bit, IPads would make great little interfaces to reprap or home CNC machines if it wasn't for the lack of standard ports and easy access to those ports.It is funny and sad at the same time but for a company like Apple trying to look cool...