or Connect

Posts by wizard69

They will have to do more than pump up the clock rate. Some of AMD's chips already run at rather high clock rates. The need to boost IPC.HSA is great for people that understand the limitations imposed by a GPU architecture. Many have a tendency to see it as a way to run any code that is suitable for the CPU. It isn't but HSA is very useful.I didn't hear that statement. Sounds interesting though as I see the future being a world of many core chips where the...
That is a reference to Inels settlement with NVidia, I'm not sure how much actually NVidia tech is in Intels GPUs though. However the fact remains Intels GPUs went from being useless to good enough for modest needs fairly quickly. From my perspective Intels GPUs have made the AIR Mac Books viable and in the case of the new Mini offer a big step forward.Yep. Unfortunately we haven't seen Intel make these drastic decisions in the past. History seems to indicate that...
You do realize they are completely different machines servicing different user bases.In any event don't believe me, research what is happening at Intel and other manufactures. Consider how slow RAM is today compared the internal workings of a CPU.Nope but it did allow Apple to implement LPDDR 3 RAM.
The industry will leave them behind if they don't get their head out of the sand.I was kinda hoping for an AMD chip in the Mini as that would be the ideal product for the chip.It is AMDs superior integrated GPUs that has me wanting them in a Mini. Admittedly Intel is catching up so it is more of a mixed bag now.Opencl is nice but I find that a lot of people don't understand it and have misplaced expectations. Applied right it is a massive advantage though.I'm not sure...
In the end isn't that what Sapphire is?
The way I see this, Intel has two problems. One is that they're a manufacture of one size fits all chip sets in an industry that absolutely needs customizable SoCs. I can see Apple eventually moving into a position where they have no choice but to go to ARM in its laptops if Intel isn't willing to customize solutions to Apples needs. The second issue is that they are too hung up on the past with backwards compatibility. Intel should have come out with a 64 bit...
I try to avoid doing business with them. I find being open on Thankgiving to be especially objectionable. I'm not as bothered as some with many of WalMarts practices but I just find screwing over thousands of employees just to get a jump on Black Friday to be very objectionable.
We may be disappointed with Intels Haswell line up for Mac Books and Minis but Intel hasn't given up on researching new tech. Here is an article about research into new RAM tech: http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2014/11/19/2003604752. That tech would be very interesting in a cell phone On another note things aren't going to well for mobile at Intel. The division for mobile is apparently being merged into another group.
I would but my MBP refused to boot up yesterday. Talk about timing.
That happens a lot on these forums.I can see Apple getting there eventually, but "news releases" like this just smack of attempts at short term manipulation. Beyond that I see some markets taking far longer to firm up and become viable than some would like, Apple Watch comes to mind here. I'm not sure if Apple can move technology forward fast enough to make Apple watch a success for normal people. On the other hand I see Apple Pay as having huge potential and likely...