or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Waiting for a new generation of hardware would make sense
The big reason was or is to cool people's expectations. The speculation was simply getting out of hand, so you deal with that by giving people a peek.
Well not exactly. Admittedly the iPAds are sometimes the better machine for many users but there are good reasons to prefer Mac OS/X over IOS.The big IPad is coming if the rumors are true. However that doesn't make it a Mac OS machine. I think people often mis a big point here, Mac OS gives the users some significant advantages over IOS.I try to maintains a balanced view point here. A fanless machine could certianly serve the needs of some users. However the...
The Air didn't influence the design of the MBP's, the move to solid state storage was for the most part mandatory to continue to increase system performance. The only hold up for the Mac Pro was getting pro class SSD capacity.For many people the lack of storage space in a Mac Book Pro is still an issue. In fact it is probably the only reason Apple has kept the old models around for so long.I have no problem with a consumer targeted machine, however the big issue here is...
Marvin gave you a most excellent answer so I will try to fill in a bit.You do realize that an upgrade will force you to buy an external disk array system for those large storage arrays. This can significantly increase the cost of a Mac Pro purchase. You might want to consider keeping the current chassis and set it up as a file server when the new machine arrives. I actually see it as a bit disappointing that Apple hasn't come out with its own disk array system for the...
I have to bet that you are one of those people that upon seeing a woman being raped in a public park would look the other way! In effect this is what you are suggesting that people in his position, seeing wrong doing, should look the other way. That is not a way to sustain a free country.
I've heard the same thing from other sources, there is a real good chance that we won't see a new MBP until SkyLake ships. It makes sense really as it would address the lackluster CPU improvements seen in the Mac Book Pros of late. The MBPs are where CPU improvements are really needed.I would think that due to Airs great success that they would go to Broadwell as soon as humanly possible. However doing so without Retina may be an issue. We are seeing more and more...
So with all of this Intel confidence you would think that Broadwell based Air would be here by now. I may love my Apple products but I really hate how they drag out the introduction of refreshed and new products.
ARM is getting a lot of traction in industries not even related to tablets and light laptops. Intel has shot themsleves in the foot more than one way.Considering your list:actually I can remember open source efforts to do such a cell phone before iPhone hit the market. I can also remember Nokia just not getting a handle on software for their PDA. In other words the effort was inplace to change the world but nobody had the resources to get it right.i consider MS to...
Exactly! This is why I've been saying for months now that the SoC is the printed circuit board of the 1980's.Very few manufacutre have the product range that would really benefits rom going custom. That is why so many got to TI, Qualcom and others.Actually I thought that was another chip, M8 does however handle a lot of sensor I/O so who knows.