or Connect

Posts by wizard69

True. However the trick with any many core machine is to have work constantly being done in background. From the standpoint of productivity it is hard to beat a Mac Pro if the user has the capability to leverage the machine in this way.Interestingly professionals in the same general field may or may not be able to leverage the Mac Pro. For example software developers come in many varieties, somebody build Python Apps may never see an advantage with the Mac Pro but...
The only point I was trying to make is that Intels GPU's are often better coprocessors for OpenCL acceleration than they are GPU's for video acceleration.Well like things intel we have to wait until something is actually released before we pass judgement on it. Both AMD and Intel have failed to deliver on leaked performance metrics so I take a wait and see attitude.The interesting thing here is that 32 GB of HBM RAM in an APU design would mean it would be possible to...
I'm of the opinion that it will be a very long time before computers are fast enough. Like everybody currently reading this forum has retired six feet under.How do you look at such performance? If you look at benchmark figures online you are not doing yourself any favors unless they are openly documented and you understand what is being relayed.Multi threading an app can either be extremely simple or next to impossible. Some apps will never multithread well and...
I'm not sure hype is the word here. The problem with an implementation is finding someone with the incentive to make such a chip. At this point I really see Apple as the only possibility here. Will they do it? I really don' know but the concept is very interesting and I'd like to see Intel under pressure in its core businesses. This is also why I'd be happy to see a AMD chip in some of Apples machines.
There are many good reasons to prefer AMD in things like the Mini.For one it gives manufactures leverage with Intel.Two; intel needs the competition, the last couple of years should make that obvious.Three; GPU performance is very important in machines like the Mini. For many users and uses for the Mini the GPU is far mor important than the CPU.Four; Apple could easily knock a $100 or so of the price of the Mini keeping the machine competitive in the marketplace.
Benchmarks can be very misleading so you really need to reference which ones you are talking about. Given that Xeon is about multi core performance with apps and workloads optimized for such hardware. Given the right user the Mac Pro will run circles around anything else in Apples line up.Yes! I can't tell you what exactly but obviously you don't understand how many highly threaded apps work nor how multitasking operating systems can support advanced professionals.Yes...
I'd love to see Apple go AMD in the Mini, maybe even some other platforms. GPU performance is really important for today's operating systems and as such AMD's APUs are still a big advantage if RAW CPU performance isn't important to a buyer. If one is buying a Mini I'd have to say CPU isn't that important to begin with.The interesting thing here is that Intels GPUs often perform very well in OpenCL tasks. It is application specific but shouldn't be ignored.That would...
This is one reason why I laugh at people that say computers are fast enough. They may be if your needs are't growing with the industry's capabilities but if you leverage the latest capabilities computers are in fact rather slow.Proven is an interesting concept when every ARM implementation to date has been focused on low power and low clock rates. If no one has attempted to hit i7 performance levels then we really don't know what the capabilities are. That being...
That is probably true but i find El Capitan to be in better shape than iOS 9.
The tax argument is non sense, the reason Apple is in China is because it is so damn cheap to manufacture there.Obviously you haven't watched recent commercials. The comments reflect what the commercials are targeting, basically the mindless masses!