or Connect

Posts by wizard69

The lack of a decent processor update isn't Apples fault. Broadwell was due months ago. Intel is really screwing the pooch here.
I crossed 50 a few years ago so things like the UI feature sizes do matter. Even then the 17" is just a big machine to carry around.After having an iPad for a couple of years now I have an even stronger appreciation for small. However that needs to be balanced against the fact that vision is a problem that didn't exist in the past. So while I might be tempted by a 13" if I did get another laptop it probably would be a 15".The discussion is relevant though because...
Apple could change the resolution, that might actually work out well for many users. But you would still have the volume problem due to size. Apple might be able to change the aspect ratio to narrow the machine some but then you have special order panels.Interesting observation.The problem with both the rumored larger iPhones and the 17" MBP is that they are both the results of fads. As you note some will get attached to the larger screens and at times even leverage...
I can only base my opinion here on what I've seen in a corporate environment. In this case engineers ended up rejecting the large laptops because they where cumbersome to work on. This especially if you had to travel a lot. Personally I have an older 15" MBP and sometimes that amchine is more in the way than useful, it is very inconvienent when traveling that is for sure.Obviously you don't understand what I'm saying. The benefits of a larger screen are clearly...
Never say never! 😜😜
That definition is crap. A patent is property you can own, purchase or sell. That property gives you the right to exclusive use of the property and that has been a reality for hundreds of years now. You really need to grasp why the patent system exists and how it's existence drives innovation. The patent system isn't perfect but it does far more good than harm.
Obviously you don't understand the patent system! Things aren't dramatically different than from the late 1700's or early 1800's. Patents protect the inventor and drive innovation. I only bring this up because I just left The Maker Faire at The Henry Ford. The Henry Ford has a priceless collection of steam engines including the oldest known to exist on the planet.Now you may be wondering what this collection of engines has to do with Apples patterns. Everything...
And sometimes they improve a product causing mass hysteria in the customer base.The big problem right now though is that they are pursuing the business or professional market on one hand while dropping others. The link up with IBM is an example here.On the other hand a lot of Apples software products spend too much time in stasis. This leads to professional disinterest. Aperture is just one example here. In fact Aperture should have been getting meaningful updates...
You would be an exceptional person not to have some of Macbeth in you.It is a little bit of everybody, each and every man lives with some guilt in his life, or at times feels trapped or manipulated. In fact I can't see how a man could live a normal life and not have a bit of Macbeth in him. Maybe a true sociopath could live with out acknowledging his short comings.In a way I don't think you understand the passage.Like the neocons had a lock on wanting to go into Iraq. ...
In the strictest sense no.Yes. R&D is not manufacturing. However it can get fuzzy, for example R&D could build a pilot line that eventually gets transferred to manufacturing!Research could also be for new phone designs? Think about the development of A8 and other chips here. Also think about the development of new case and screen technologies. Again you have R&D developing the initial production lines, often referred to as pilot line or Development hardware. ...