or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Hey Marvin; What I find most interesting about this link: http://forwardthinking.pcmag.com/none/329777-intel-updates-roadmaps-for-2015 you posted was the comments about custom chips from Intel. Especially in the case of custom Zeon solutions. It looks like Intel is having more success here than I expected. 35 custom Xeons is a lot of custom chips. Of course this makes me wonder if Apple and Intel might be working on custom chips. I'm not thinking big data center...
I'm still wanting to beleive Apple would go more radical in a machine with a 5 watt processor.Sure it does. Performance is what allows Apple to add new features to its operating systems.The one thing you are consistent with is your approach to tech as you apparently believe that the MBP would suddenly become static performance wise. I would fully expect that the MBP will retain it's performance crown. The performance advantages of the low power Broadwell / SkyLake...
It is space directly above the processor so other than thickness it doesn't impact other features much.This is Apple we are talking about here. I'd love to see more RAM in these machines especially if it is faster DDR4. My fear is that Apple will be stingy with RAM and more so will look to low power options.My big concern is that we not go backwards. As long as real sustainable performance is increasing we are moving in the right direction.You see numbers like that...
You would have trouble convincing me of that. Last I heard those piezo based fans where not very effective at cooling anything.It probably doesn't matter because I can see Apple taking an approach where the machines case ends up being the heat sink for the CPU. There would be no place for a fan in that instance. They already CNC machine the housing so adding features to turn that case into a heat sink would be a snap.Even if they took this approach airflow is still an...
Very interesting. Apparently my old hardware didn't support this on the Mac thus I've never seen the issue. I'm still not convinced that this is the primary cause of the issue on the iPad. As long as the fix is a jailbreak I probably won't be addressing the problem anyways. My resolve not to jailbreak is weakening though.I booked marked that page, it may come in handy depending upon how I resolve my broken Mac issue.
Isn't this the truth. 😏😏I really hoping that Apples move to swift addresses much of this as I really believe that many of these problems are related to Apples developer tools. For the life of me I've never understood some of the madness in Cocoa/Objective C. In my estimation it just support very sloppy code.I fully realize that you don't have to write sloppy code but you know what they say about giving somebody that is suicidal a length of rope. As much as I like my...
Jail breakers obviously!By the way I currently don't jailbreak, I like that my iPad and iPhone are reliable communications devices. However I'm beginning to weaken here with my resolve not to do so. There is only one reason too, that would be to install a reliable way to block the flood of ads I'm seeing. Some sites have gone way overboard with ads and there needs to be push back.By the way I'm not against ads completely, I understand the need to make a buck. ...
I see that all the time though it isn't predictable.There seems to be a related problem with floating ads that I'm hoping is addressed. Unfortunately some of the features of Safari and HTML 5 have conspired to raise hell on Apples devices. It is a shame really that programmers out there seem to be hell bent on screwing over their web site users. Many sites now are fully congested with ads, to the point they are worthless. Further more than half your bandwidth...
You do realize that it is Intel that has screwed up here not Apple?it probably won't work that well. Everything I've read about 14 nm is great but the power savings while at the same clock rate aren't good enough to go fanless in my estimation. This means ether a lower clock rate device or thermal throttling. The big unknown here is how well the enhanced GPU hardware can accelerate things. Flash being Flash could take a beating on these fanless machines depending...