or Connect

Posts by wizard69

That is the first thing I thought.Don't get me wrong I see some really positive signs and expect things like Apple Oay to be bigger than some here want to belive. However I still see this as naked stock manipulation.
It makes the piece look authentic. If you pay an actor to do such a bit they do so with zero conviction. Besides one should expect that a person in a leadership position at a company would know his way around the products the company sells. All in all a nice idea on Cues part.Which gives you nothing but an uninformed whore on the screen.Huh? What does Beats have to do with this.
Well yeah that is what the road maps say. However AMD has a new management staff in place with a very strong engineering background. These people want to reestablish AMD as a viable processor supplier. I suspect that they will push very hard to get something out on 14 nm before the end of 2015. It might not be K12. It could be an ARM based chip or even something new in the brazos family.It would do AMD wonders to get something out the door before 2016 that is built...
I believe Qualcomm has 20 nm parts shipping too. I could be wrong as I don't follow them closely but there are a lot of chips shipping on 20 nm now. Chips running on the low power 20 nm processes aren't a problem, it is a different story with the performance optimized processes though.
Getting a handle on what Intel is actually going to do is a bit like pushing a worm - you can try but it will lead to frustration. In any event my understanding was that Skylake would have Intel refocusing on mainstream processors, that is laptop and desktop parts. Those where suppose to hit in mid 2015. That does not appear to be the case anymore.Rumor has it that Skylake is a finished design for the most part. It would be a management decision to go with it in mid...
There are actually more than one 20 nm processes out there. In the case of TSMC Apple is using their low power process that is actually shipping product. The high power process, that you might find GPU manufactures using for example, isn't up and ready to go. My impression is that TSMC does have other customers using the low power process.What is interesting here is that the entire industry has prioritized low power processes over the performance processes.This...
What is interesting here is that Intels screw ups here far exceed anything AMD has done and yet Intel gets thrown softballs from the press. You have to wonder how much longer this unethical support of Intel will go on.I've already have heard rumors to this effect.Intel screwed up massively here. They prioritized a product that they knew could compete in the market whil ignoring their bread and butter industries. Maybe they thought marketing could make up for a crap...
You are somewhat right here.They don't and that can be a problem. However I doubt Apple has the big problems moving between process that people imagine. It would be a big deal for a smaller company but I would imagine that Apple has at least two possible as many as four teams working on processor design. These teams are focused on processor release at various times into the future, targeting processes expected to be up and running by then.In this industry you don't...
Thor second source for Samsung is Global Foundries. TSMC provides an alternate manufacturing process that wouldn't be considered a second source.
I don't buy that either. The Texas plant was/is a partnership with Apple. It was built to supply Apple and has been expanded to keep up with Apples demands. Samsung is huge no doubt there but even Samsung didn't have the capacity to meet Apples needs.This capacity need is why nobody should be surprised about Samsungs relationship with Global Foundries. Part of that deal is to help them deal with excess demand from Apple. Apples demand has had Samsungs plants running...