or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Much of the design of keyboards is a direct result of what was common in the type writer days. Part of the arrangement is also to reduce interference from commonly used letter combinations. A lot of people these days think of IBM Selectrics when they think of type writers but that was actually an advance design for a type writer. Before that type writer had all the letters on individual levers as you describe. Each lever flew up to the paper to tap its character...
That would depend upon the color of the backlighting. You might note that many of Apples aluminum designs have had LED indicator lights in the chassises that where perfectly usable. Get the right color and tone and complaints will be minimal.As for the return key, the large key there is a hangover from a very long time ago when it was used to mechanically return a type writer. It would literally release the carriage to fly back and as a result was a more demanding...
This would be an issue with current Mac architectures but do realize that could change. The Bluetooth interface chip for instance could monitor for a power on signal triggering the startup of the rest of the computer. We could also consider the possibility that Macs, especially laptops will soon always be powered on like an iPad. The power on button could effectively be a wake up button.The always on laptop is a real possibility these days. I'm surprised by how...
I'm all for diversification but im left feeling Apple is forgetting how large the USA is! There are plenty of places in the USA that could use some development.
Code:Depends upon ones long term plans. The facility needs to fit the resources available. Besides Japan is just like every other country in the world, they have cities that need uplifting via new development.
All I can say is that I'm pleased with my purchase so far. There is some desire to have a 15" screen (I like screen real estate) however the retina screen is simply gorgeous. Text is stunningly clear and if you turn down the backlight a bit it does look like printed text on paper. Oh and that track pad is amazing.Would I have been better off waiting for a 15" MBP? Obviously I can't say right now, when ones computer breaks down it forces you to make decisions! The...
Just make the damn thing Apple! Seriously I'd be all over a new iPhone that is a seriously good photography tool. To that end I would hope that they don't miniaturize it to the point that any optical benefit goes out the window. Hopefully they can hit 12 mega pixels while upping light gathering effciency significantly. At is 12 mega pixels that are measurably of higher quality than what we get now.
Hey Winter glad to see the interest hasn't died yet!As for me my MBP died several weeks ago. Ended up waiting for the recent release of new Mac Books. In that regard I went with the new 13" MBP and frankly I'm pretty happy with it so far. I've had it about two weeks now. Frankly this was an unplanned purchase due to the old machine giving up the ghost, this will likely put any Mini purchase on hold.I can't say much about a machine I've never seen but at work they...
This is highly doubtful, any non trvial production line start up has initial yield and productivity problems. It is the nature of the beast. This sounds more like somebody hearing something and then blowing it out of proportion.As it is I've seen production lines where 40% yields have been considered good results.I suspect that is a stretch. For one if Apple delivers in a way to meet demand then the rumors is proven false and puts the credibility of the rumor...
Slow news day maybe?As it is, anybody that has been involved in manufacturing anything know that there is a ramp up period. This ramp up can be of considerable length. This has been my experience anyways with a number of different production line start ups.