or Connect

Posts by wizard69

You can't be serious! 256GB these days is a minimal hard disk/SSD size. That with ITunes on a separate disk. It is extremely short sighted for anyone to consider the purchase of a machine with only 128 GB of storage. You can easily run out of room with a disk of that size.
With the A8 reveal you have to wonder just how far away an ARM based Mac is. If they can double the clock rate and add two more CPU cores I could see a very very nice low cost laptop being powered by these SoC.
It isn't so much a lie as it is reacting to the reality that all it takes is somebody getting a bug up their ass and wanting to cause Apple trouble. It could be some clerk at the FTC, a VP at PayPal or somebody's grandma. Once someone in the federal government sees an opportunity to take a complaint and run with it to advance their pay grade, Apple could have significant pressure to open up the system. This if they don't demonstrate the intention to open up the...
I have to agree with your statements and this is why I think they are careful to say for a year. However privicacy might not be the right word to use here, it could rather be an issue of security. I can see Apple denying access to Pay Pal and Google if they see a security problem with their approaches.The reality is this, a poorly written or conceived app is a huge threat for Apple and the consumers perception that Apple is keeping them secure. This is probably the...
Combine that possibility with Apples attempts at standardizing the system and I suspect any restrictions on the use of the NFC are temporary.
The only thing that really counts here is getting the NFC readers updated to support Apples approach. That shouldn't be a problem as apparently the NFC readers used in the USA support multiple systems. It isn't like the readers are dedicated to Apples system. I guess it would be possible to have a reader dedicated to Apple Pay but vendors or merchants if you will wouldn't settle for that.What are you whining about here? Even with all of Apple clout it will take...
Possibly for a year or so. However I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Apple is already working with banks outside the USA. They seem to want to set this up as a world wide standard so I don't see the lack of support in Japan being a long term issue.
Actually I could see Apple being forced to open up the API's to support competition, especially with the current anti business sentiment in Washington. Beyond that Apple has joined a consortium of banks and vendors to push standards for electronic payments. You really can't have a standard if it isn't open.In a nut shell it looks like Apple has a different plan of attack here that involves more flexibility than they have exhibited with some programs in the past. ...
Honestly you need to learn to read for content! There have been multiple explanations from many individuals that should clear this up for you.Special execution units are great for apps that use them. Nobody would argue otherwise. Hiwever they don't have a significant impact on the need for RAM.As far as I know, no body here is in the loop when it comes to Apples decision making. There are all sorts of possibilities here many of which have nothing to do with making...
I've noticed that much of this discussion has highlighted the needs of future iOS releases. That is a very real concern but I need to point out that iOS 8 beta actually feels better all around on my iPad 3. Maybe iOS 9 will undo all of that goodness, hard to tell really, but I just wanted to point out that not every OS transition goes backwards.For some users I think you grossly underestimate the importance of the ecosystem. That is a different issue than RAM though.