or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Bingo!!!People need to remember these are bleeding edge chips that Apple is shipping, there are few factories world wide that can even come close to producing these. I can even see strong demand for the new iPad causing problems once people realize just how impressive it is update wise.
Your logic fails me here. In fact your report that was truncated here very much implies that specs are important and lead to a good user experience. For example many wanted more RAM, which we got, and that RAM apparently has resulted in a big usability improvement. Faster hardware has lead to that snappier feeling you alluded too.This is why I don't understand some of the reports that AppleInsider is referencing. Usability would appear to be vastly improved with this...
I wouldn't be surprised to find that it is a production issue with the new chips. Considering how hot the new iPhones are that is a real possibility. The other possibility I'd that the Mini doesn't sell anywhere near as well as people think it does.
Nothing really, especially in a mature product like this. That being said I'm not sure why this Air 2 is seeing such negative commentary, it is a massive overhaul of the machine with nothing left untouched. It is more than an evolution as you see in the PC industry these days.The whole package makes it a best of breed species. I'm not sure why this has been missed by the media. Maybe they didn't have a clue as to the devices internals.For me that might be too big....
Really you don't need to update every year. In fact I see it as a waste of money unless you really really need Touch ID. By the time developers leverage the hardware in this machine it will be time for the next iPad.I think one has to be real careful here applying Intel marketing terminology to what Apple is doing. Overall we are seeing that this is a rather massive update to Apples SoC. In fact I'm rather confused by some of the media comments because we are...
I've been running the betas for a long time and frankly the overall better performance of a Safari should be reason enough to upgrade.This is the other thing that the focus on Safari tab reloads did to the conversation, it undervalued what more RAM makes possible. 2GB is actually a lot for iPad apps because a good portion of the 1GB machines had ram allocated to other things. This extra RAM should spur the growth of a new generation of apps.
A good developer can program a page to reload when it receives focus. This is why I say sometimes Safari is doing exactly what it is suppose to do when reloading a page. It is the page reloads that happen randomly and without reason, that are the cause of so much frustration.I'm sometimes left with the impression that "forums" software isn't the most elaborate web site programming.
Probably the same people that will tell you they never have unjustified tab reloads in Safari.This iPad rev so blows the competition out of the water that I'd rather see this iPad put up against Mac Book Airs and other laptops. Especially in the context of Intels integrated GPU's.
Which doesn't matter considering the very low clock rate of the A8X. I see this as the big thing here, we really don't know what the ultimate speed (clock rate) of this design is.The fact that the chip does so well at such a slow clock rate is what makes this chip so exciting.Apple could do a passable laptop in 2015 with some simple modifications to this chip. No it wouldn't be a Mac Book Pro but it would certainly compete with Air and netbook type machines.
Two years? All they need to do is up the clock rate and bump up the cache/memory interface. This processor is going to make this rev a must have.