or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I can't agree with you here at all, this will be very bad for freedom.
What is this nonsense? Especially with Apples ARM based products we are seeing incredibly good GPU performance that few in the industry can touch. Even with the Mac Apple has been doing well of late. Take the Mini for example which was revised to stress GPU performance.Five years ago I would have given your comments some credit but frankly it doesn't really hold water anymore. In many ways Apples IOS devices represent the best in class performance.
I think you underestimate the potential here for 14 nm and smaller feature sizes. 14 nm with the addition of FinFets, should more than double the space Apple has available for transistors. That means what is shipping today in Apples cell phones will have far more resources once the move to 14 nm happens. In the case of the Apple TV the change would be even more dramatic as the chip in the TV is a bit on the old side.The big problem as I see it is heat, there was no...
Actually my resistance to AppleTV comes from the lack of access. A little $99 box with an easily accessible USB port has a lot of potential beyond just driving a TV. In fact my desire to be able to repurpose old hardware is so strong that I can't see spending money on a box that I can't find alternative uses for when it comes time to upgrade.Even as a gaming console my interests are extremely limited. Put the ability to scan your E-Mail, do face time or other...
More interesting technology news: http://www.edn.com/electronics-blogs/tech-edge/4438712/Photometallization-allows-one-step-production-of-touchscreen-circuitry?_mc=NL_EDN_EDT_EDN_consumerelectronics_20150225&cid=NL_EDN_EDT_EDN_consumerelectronics_20150225&elq=3add5ee4385d42f2a3c3712309521699&elqCampaignId=21794&elqaid=24467&elqat=1&elqTrackId=8595a07966b84148814011e60cb700bb If that link pasted right, the report is about a new way to place met alizarin on plastic and...
What's the issue? People not understanding the gifts of others. I can't say I'm a big fan of her music but that doesn't mean I don't understand the drive and effort required to get where she is now.
I don't know why but at times as a mental distraction I imagine car designs in my head. Apples problem is that the world does not need another me too sedan. They need a fresh approach to family vehicles. There are all sorts of one and two seater commuter cars that have been designed of late, which is great by the way, but a similarly new approach is needed for four seaters or family cars.In the end stuffing an electric design into a conventional sedan design just...
Sometimes I just have to shake my head.I really doubt that Elon would try to do that.I can't read Elons mind but the basic technology behind electric cars has been around for decades now. Motors and solid state controller have been used in industry for decades now. The goal of the controllers might be different but in the end the hardware is very similar. The problem with electric cars has never been motors or controllers. The problem has been and still is with the...
I look at it like this, Broadwell has been delayed several times, however test silicon has been available for some time. Given the lengthy delay, the fact that Apple has been so slow debut the new machines just smells a bit.with all of the extra engineering time available to them shipping an AIR on time should have been a tight priority.
I sometimes think spinning off Global Foundries was the best thing AMD has done in a long time. Now if we could only get Apple to plow some of it's chip making into GF's US based facilities.