or Connect

Posts by wizard69

I could see an ARM based Mac Book as having potential but there is zero chance that the Mini would get what it needs out of an ARM based solution. Or maybe better said what I want to see in the Mini which is far better performance. Having an iPad though makes me see the value of an ARM based laptop.Apple would have to create at least two processor branches, one for the portable devices and one more suited for use in a laptop. The primary need in a laptop is far...
Stop thinking that way. Imagine instead Apple offering up a standard interface where you can mix and match components at will.
Design change might be interesting.However let's have none of this regressive thinking. The Mini needs to be faster with far better GPU performance. If anything the Mini needs to support a higher wattage processors.
Yep that is the point, by the time they get 14 nm up and running they might as well release SkyLake. The funny thing is Global AMD Samsung will not be far behind with 14nm. 2015 will be pretty interesting.
I'd rather see the phrase criminal enterprises used in place of hackers here. A hacker isn't always a criminal.In any event you are right, give a person a back door to enter and somebody will find a key to the door. Given that I really think this so called scientist is full of crap. He really should put up or shut up! Frankly his tactics here are similar to those in the global warming community. Scare people without any need to actually offer up proof.
Nice! Well except for the silence about a Mac Mini update!
I don't think they will defy Intels roll out schedule. The fact of the matter is that Intel rolled out chips suitable for upgrading some of Apples hardware yesterday. That could hold Apple for another six months if they upgrade next month that puts them into early 2015. Broadwell is so far delayed that they (they being Intel) might cancel the bulk of the roll out for SkyLake.Normally it is a case of design delays with Intel. However in this case it looks like the...
Never heard of SkyLake?By the way Intel just released new chips suitable for some of Apples platforms: http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2014/2014072101_Intel_refreshes_Core_i5_i7_and_N-Series_mobile_lineups.html. This is good news, I smell updates coming.
The demand for the large cell phones isn't what people think it is! Im reqlly hoping Apple doesn't screw up here. The really need to introduce a small but powerful cell phone similar to the 4 series. Such a phone would really shake up the industry and be something Apple could uniquely promote.The fact of the matter is that I've held onto my iPhone 4 simply to avoid the brick in pocket experience.On the other hand if Aple introduces a
The new Safari beta still sucks!In any event I will laugh my ass off if Apple introduces a folding iPhone that gets by the brick in pocket problem. Right now I have no desire for such a large cell phone. In fact I'd rather see Apple introduce a Truelu powerful iPhine 4 sized phone. That is a 64 bit processor squished into an iPhine 4 sized case. That would be hot!