or Connect

Posts by wizard69

Watch will get whatever the technology will allow. However I can see big problems with having a camera on a watch. Urinal and locker room videos come to mind. Basically a dream device for perverts.For now maybe but the watch isn't far off from being a Dick Tracy type of device. I do think the long term is for the Watch to be completely independent of any cell phone.It doesn't even need SIM card coaability at first. They could easily do FaceTime on Watch and have...
It comes back to what is acceptable as wearable jewelry. Let's be honest a square watch will not appeal to everybody on every day of the month. That is why people that actually wear watches will often have several often varying dramatically in design.Having just one form factor is the big problem.In any event I think you mised the point of my argument, which is that a round face isn't impossible on an Apple Warch, I wasn't saying it is required I'm simply at odds with...
I really don't care what Cook tries to sell the watch as, at this point it is just a fancy piece of jewelry like an advanced mood ring.What watch these days isn't a piece of jewelry? Seriously? Maybe the stop watches used by coaches and the like.As about as useful as a mood ring.It has potential here bit a long ways to go. However the ability to communicate doesn't make the Watch anything more than a piece of jewelry.I suspect I know far more about Watch and the...
I'm thinking here in terms of viable as a product, that is the product is able to support its development and manufacturing costs leading to profit for Apple. We really don't know if this will be the case long term.That is an unknown at this time? Swatch for example had some amazing sales figures at one time.Early adopters have never sustained a product anywhere. Have you seen a 17" MBP in Apples lineup lately? Nope, that is because residual sales couldn't sustain...
I think it is pretty clear that they are putting as much technology into it as is possible in the form factor with the given state of the art. I really don't see where we can derive a direction from Apple based on one sample.I suspect that part of that terminology use is to attract the watch wearing culture. That is those obsessed with watches of which there are more than a few. This is to help them generate buzz and credibility in the field.However I would not...
Because a watch at first is a piece of jewelry! This should be obvious.Yes but mechanical watches have been that way for centuries now. Such a face can offer a surprising amount of information to the user. Obviously the digital age offers dramatically more variety when it comes to information that can be embedded in a display but that doesn't counter indicate the general acceptance of round watch displays.It's jewelry first, what do you expect? Certainly Apple...
If it feels like a treadmill then maybe it is time to get off!I've said it before and I will say it again, I really don't understand the mentality of people that think the have to buy every release of an Apple product. Over the years I've purchased many Apple products and have resisted that trap for all of those years. The closes I've come to falling into that trap is a quick upgrade to an iPad 3 due to it obviously being a major improvement over what I had.Folks, step...
Actually I'm left with the opinion that the watch SDK has actually been designed to support watches with round displays.The same way it works on a rectangle.You make unfounded assumptions here. As for third party apps, they will address the screen in the same way that they addressed the different screens on iOS devices.Yep you should read your own posts before hitting send.
Take a look in the mirror!Seriously somebody posts an honest comment and you fly off at the handle!By the way the comment wasn't so much about the Apple Watch as it was watches in general. I find myself in the same category, I've never worn a watch. As such I can see a possibility in Apple Watch, maybe not this revision but it is certainly something for me to keep an eye upon.Ah but you should care. People not buying a Watch can impact its viability as a product. ...
That has never worked for any company, you can't manage your product line based on the upgrade cycle of an individual as the are millions of individuals out there all with different needs and different cycles if having free cash to make such buys. Any decent product will have buyers willing to buy every month of the year.In fact with a world wide economy Apple has been able to demonstrate that the seasonal variations common in America don't have to exist in your sales...